• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Quick Question! +2 rep to all helpers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Is there any way to apply a ability effect to a unit without having a dummy unit applying it?

Example of ability effects:
Increases damage by x% for xSeconds.
Reduce damage taken by x%.
Invisibility like Wind Walk.

Level 33
How about you add all those said abilities ?
Increases damage by x% for xSeconds. - Command Aura
Reduce damage taken by x%. - Berserk (make it negative value to reduce damage taken)
Invisibility like Wind Walk. - Permanent Invisibility

But remember, that this method just add an ability to that unit, it does not apply a buff, therefore, you should handle all the duration all by yourselves, luckily I have created a system named Temporary Ability which will add ability to a unit with a certain duration.

Together with this system, you can achieve the desired effect - without needing a dummy to apply those buffs.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Berserk needs to be activated in order to be applied. Is there any way to apply it to a unit that is being controlled by a player without that player being able to turn it off or cause it not to be casted when I want it to?

Sverkerman

Level 17
@defskull
We got a problem. Spiked Caparace seems to not do shit even tho I'm playing around with Recieved Damage Factor.
EDIT: Nvm, I just implemented the system developed by Bribe and I'm loving it! Thank you for all the help you've provided me with Defskull! I owe you one ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.