• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick List of Small Questions. Free Candy to those who answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heres my list of questions. Some really trivial and some i dont know if are even possible.

1. How do i make a unit visible to only one player, even among allies?

2. How do i make floating texts visible to only one player?

3. How do i get rid of (click button to continue) in the loading screen?

4. Where can i find the value of a unit's damage when using the function
[ Convert Real to integer ] ?

5. How do i hide a buff status in game? The small section to the bottom right of a unit's portrait called status. ( not in the spell list )

6. How do i make a function to change a spell's hotkey during the game? e.g when hero gets spells of similar hotkeys.

7. How do i detect when a unit is in the process of channeling in the conditions section. e.g to make an active spell ( % when being hit) incapable of activating when unit is channeling.

Lastly any help and guidance given is really really appreciated.

p.s i dont really have candy :D

Level 3
1. How do i make a unit visible to only one player, even among allies?
Not sure how to do this specifically but some suggestions would be to give the unit the "Permanent Invisibility" spell and set all allies to neutral?

2. How do i make floating texts visible to only one player?
In the Floating Text section theres a Hide/Show which you would specifiy Hide for (All Players) then Show for the player you want to see it:
  • Floating Text - Hide (FLOATING_TEXT) for (All players)
Then:
  • Floating Text - Show (FLOATING_TEXT) for (Player 1 - Red)
3. How do i get rid of (click button to continue) in the loading screen?
From the menu bar in the World Editor, Scenario -> Map Loading Screen, tick the Use Campaign Screen and look for "Generic" in the drop down.

4. Where can i find the value of a unit's damage when using the function
[ Convert Real to integer ] ?
Getting a units damage based on a "Unit - Takes Damage" event is for the Real variable so you don't need to convert it to an integer you simply drop the list down and look for "Event Response - Damage Taken". However if you want to get the damage a unit takes and store it into an integer you'll have to search for an Attack Detection System.

5. How do i hide a buff status in game? The small section to the bottom right of a unit's portrait called status. ( not in the spell list )
Either set the abilities Buff field blank or use a custom script to remove the buff.

6. How do i make a function to change a spell's hotkey during the game? e.g when hero gets spells of similar hotkeys.
Make 2 of the same ability and change the hotkey, use a trigger to check if certain abilities on a unit have the same hotkeys then change them accordingly.

7. How do i detect when a unit is in the process of channeling in the conditions section. e.g to make an active spell ( % when being hit) incapable of activating when unit is channeling.
In the trigger editor enter an event and use the drop down to get to "Unit" then select either "Specific", "Player-Owned" or "Generic" unit event and change the "dies" to "Begins channeling an ability" then do the actions for making the ability incapable of activating.

p.s i dont really have candy :D

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.