• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SPELL] Eyebeam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
basically seeking a spell, that is like the DH Eyebeam on wow

turns into another form and shoots lazer for 5 seconds then back to original form
and only 1 level, as i dont use hero ability leveling system

and damage i want to be example "Hero Level x Agility x 3" per second for 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 7
Do you want the beam to be locked onto a target, or should the beam be stationary and damage things along its path? If the latter, can the unit turn to aim the beam?

Stationary - maybe allow turning but not moving. and hit everything within 500 range, and possibly gray/white spell effect to match rest of abilities

Last edited:
Level 24
I might have something @C.B.King, hang tight.

Edit:
Here's what I have so far (which includes map & triggers).
I'm still trying to make it "Smoother" as currently it just juts to the order point of the caster instead of slowly moving to it.

Edit2:
Getting closer to making it much like Vel'koz ult, where it follows the mouse, just need to re-learn math.

Last edited:
Level 7
@Devalut TY that would be very much appreciated
it is very nice so far, i wonder if it possible for the beam effect to show for the 5 seconds or show 3 times during the effect

but overall is perfect how it is already :)

Last edited:
Level 7
I'm 99.999% done, I'm just worried about the Mouse Tracking Event Causing problems.
I'll include it in any case [Map Download].

Also "possible for the beam effect to show for the 5 seconds or show 3 times during the effect"
Can you elaborate?

Ah nice ty for your help, will import into map tomorrow, as be sleeping in a few 5:30AM

Beam Effect, when u cast it shoots the beam but only see it for the effect animation, so u see nothing besides the green dot at end, which helps u u know where its aiming, but u dont see the beam the entire duration of spell like the dot.

EDIT: My bad ignore that, turns out its my version of W3 that isnt showing the beam the entire duration

I have to learn to check map on W3 fist before saying something lol, i went on for 7 days tryingt o figure out why druid form wasnt working, and it turned out was just version of game i was using causing it lol

i like the tracking on it.

Last edited:
Level 7
Ah no worries, glad to hear!
I'm using the most up to date version at the moment, Also, before I forget, I made changes to avoid leaks, check the link for the newer Ver Bodacious Butterfly.

Ty for your help, i got it set up on my map, dealing 5 x Hero Level x Hero Agility, as i wanted originally :) Added Credits To Map.

however one thing i couldnt get working, is i want it to play a hero animation, before the cast, then activate another animation for the duration of the spell, then turn of the animation, to go back to normal after

i thought to try some stuff but it didnt work, any idea how i can do that?

Basically i want it to use "Morph" before spell cast, then "Stand Alternate Ready" for the duration of the spell, then "Morpth" at end of the spell

So Casting, it Animation Morph for 1.5seconds then, isntantly after stay in Stand Alternate Ready, for 2.5 seconds, then Morph Alternate for 1.4 seconds.

Art Animation, so changes model style

Something like this, but obviously working, the first part works fine, second part and 3rd doesnt.

• Animation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cff808080EyeBeam|r
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s morph animation
          • Wait 1.50 seconds
          • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s stand,alternate,ready animation
          • Wait 2.50 seconds
          • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s alternate,morph animation
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 7
I believe the wait is causing (casting unit) to reset, however I tried playing that second animation on Noodle hunter and it didn't work so maybe the string is incorrect.

@Pyrogasm is this something that can helped with local udg_?

ah, Stand Alternate Ready, is the demon hunters demon form, hostly shouldnt be playing that animation as i want unit to stay in that form for 2.5seconds not just play animation, well ty for help, and we will see if pyrogasm replies and knows.

maybe putting in a queue isntead of waiting time may help more but prob not.

Status
Not open for further replies.