• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell effects and animations won't play on Custom Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I've imported a custom model and it works nearly perfectly-save for the fact that non projectile spell animations don't play, nor do their sounds.
Auras, buff/debuff effects, level up animation, etc. won't play on the model and despite trying for the past two days I can't figure out why. I've also already scoured here and google for anyone with this issue but I couldn't find anything

Here is a demonstration:

Does anyone know what's causing this? Did I export the model wrong or something?

Level 1
It's not uploaded anywhere on hive since this is a custom model I imported myself, here is the model and its textures.

Attachments

• YUI.mdx
    463.7 KB · Views: 13
  • yuiblazer.blp
    32.5 KB · Views: 11
  • yuibody2.blp
    31.5 KB · Views: 10
  • yuieyes2.blp
    45.8 KB · Views: 10
  • yuieyesbase2.blp
    8.3 KB · Views: 12
  • yuifuku.blp
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
  • yuikami.blp
    25 KB · Views: 13
  • yuikao.blp
    78.2 KB · Views: 12
Level 1
Ohhh gotcha, thanks a lot! I really appreciate ya
Is there a way to change the size of this attachment? Spell effects are there, but they are tiny and don't really fit on the model

Last edited:
Level 29
I am not quite sure what the rules are. Assuming it respects the scale of the attachment node, here are a couple of variants with different scaling to test.
Otherwise it might be something in the object editor in WE?

Attachments

• YUI_with_origin_x4.mdx
    464.1 KB · Views: 13
  • YUI_with_origin_x5.mdx
    464.1 KB · Views: 13
  • YUI_with_origin_x2.mdx
    464.1 KB · Views: 12
  • YUI_with_origin_x3.mdx
    464.1 KB · Views: 14
Level 1
Ooooh I see now, thank you again. Could you tell me how you did this? I'm very new to importing models and I have a few other models I need to import so I'm going to have to go through this again.
Looking through it in the model editor I can see how you changed the scaling, but I don't know how to add a global sequence or anything
example.PNG

Level 29
This specifically I did by converting to MDL and writing the stuff manually, but using Magos should be fine as well.
It has a "Global Sequence Manager" window where you can right click to make a new one.
In a case like this where you want a constant scale, the duration doesn't matter since you are going to have 1 keyframe at frame 0 anyway.

If you need attachments, you create them by right clicking in the "Node Manager" window.

Status
Not open for further replies.