• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spell animations, specifying in object editor doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
the model "Forest Troll Berserker, Forest Troll Warlord, Forest Troll" has 2 spell animations:

Spell - Entangle
Spell -Berserk (it even has that lack of a space)

For an entangle spell I have "spell,entangle" in the animation field but it seems that the game randomly chooses either of the animations. I could use the other forest troll model which only has the Spell - Entangle animation but I would like to use the berserk ability for a different ability that he will have....

Any ideas here?

Thanks.

Level 30
Level 7
Just copy the animation names required for the ensnare spell to your spell.

For the ability, in the animation names field I had "spell" and "entangle" as the 2 strings so that it looks like "spell,entangle" but it still randomly chose one of the 2 spell animations.

Have a look here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...es-not-playing-animation-even-trigger-114081/

It seems the solution here is play animation through index through the JASS script. It also said there that typing spell, entangle in Object Editor does not work because it tries to play all animation with spell as names so using this method here is suggested.

I tried that fix but similar problem as before.

• Troll entangle animation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ensnare
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(),8)
The trigger works but regardless of weather I use index 5,6,7,8,9 it still randomly plays the spell berserk or spell entangle. The animation names were removed from the ability in the editor and then i disabled the trigger. The spell still plays an animation. I tried with orc raider ensnare and neutral hostile ensnare as base abilities.... same result even with no animation strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.