• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm trying to make the creep troll use its "Spell -Berserk" animation, but when I try to, half the time it does its "Spell -Ensnare" animation and the other half it fires correctly. Is the game just reading the word "spell" and guessing based on that instead of everything afterward?

I even tried this JASS function:
Code:
call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( GetEnumUnit(), 9 )

Animation 9, the ensnare one, works fine, but 10 (which should logically be the Berserk one because it's next in the order) does absolutely nothing. I'm getting really frustrated with how hard it is to make a simple animation display using triggers.

Level 13
The "spell - berserk" animation is actually indexed as number 3. Unfortunately, the default world editor model viewer is not accurate when it comes to showing the animation sequence. When I need to know what's the number of a certain animation, I simply open the model using the old Warcraft 3 Viewer software and look at the animation order on the Treeview window. Alternatively, you can also save the model as .MDL and open it with notepad. Then just check the animation order.

HAJ5mg4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.