• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Berserk Buff Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to make a Skill with the Berserk Effect, but with the animation for Bloodlust.
I modified the Berserk buff animation to use the Bloodlust animation.
But when I use the skill, the animation won't work right. Only one of the unit's hands gets the glowing effect, and the unit doesn't get bigger like in Bloodlust.

Level 30
I'm trying to make a Skill with the Berserk Effect, but with the animation for Bloodlust.
I modified the Berserk buff animation to use the Bloodlust animation.
But when I use the skill, the animation won't work right. Only one of the unit's hands gets the glowing effect, and the unit doesn't get bigger like in Bloodlust.

Try triggering it:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Berserk
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of (Casting unit) using >>>The effect here<<<<
      • Set Effect[1] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Casting unit) using >>>The effect here<<<<
      • Set Effect[2] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait >>Duration of ability here<< seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect[1]
      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect[2]
You can either use waits or timer. ANd fill

Level 30
Sorry, I'm a little sleepy.
I looked back at my map and that wasn't what i did.

So I tried what you said, and now both hands have the effect of Bloodlust, but the unit still doesn't get bigger like in Bloodlust.

Just add this trigger:

• Animation - Change (Casting unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
Just configure the Percentage if you want so you can experiment with it.

Level 4
Just add this trigger:

• Animation - Change (Casting unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
Just configure the Percentage if you want so you can experiment with it.

Okay, thanks. It works. I also used the trigger to make the unit bigger, and then smaller again when the effect wears off, but the unit doesn't get smaller again.

Does "change unit's size to 100%/100%/100% of its original size get it back to its original size? Or does it just make the unit the same size it already is?

And is there a way to use the animation from Bloodlust that makes the unit look like its growing?

Level 30
Okay, thanks. It works. I also used the trigger to make the unit bigger, and then smaller again when the effect wears off, but the unit doesn't get smaller again.

Does "change unit's size to 100%/100%/100% of its original size get it back to its original size? Or does it just make the unit the same size it already is?

And is there a way to use the animation from Bloodlust that makes the unit look like its growing?

For the returning to normal size, after the wait or timer in the trigger put another trigger on changing unit's size but for the percentage, all 100%.

Growing like not instant that it will grow? I fear there is no way...

Level 25
Note, that the size % in this action
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
is the original size of the model you use, not original size of the unit. Meaning that if in Object editor you set the value "Art - Scaling Value" to for example "2" and then use the action like this
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s size to (130.00%, 130.00%, 130.00%) of its original size
then you will scale down the unit by 70%.

Basically
Size 100% in that trigger action = "Art - Scaling Value: 1" in Object editor.
So 200% = Scaling value 2

You can make unit "grow" but it requires more complex trigger, where you periodically increase his size by 2%

Level 30
Note, that the size % in this action
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
is the original size of the model you use, not original size of the unit. Meaning that if in Object editor you set the value "Art - Scaling Value" to for example "2" and then use the action like this
  • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s size to (130.00%, 130.00%, 130.00%) of its original size
then you will scale down the unit by 70%.

Basically
Size 100% in that trigger action = "Art - Scaling Value: 1" in Object editor.
So 200% = Scaling value 2

Didnt know that so thanks for the additional information, the OP would appreciate it more with these additional infos.

Level 30
Okay, weird glitch.
I set the trigger to make the unit 100% of it's original size again. But what happens is it's actually smaller than before.

And lol I'm the OP

Well, thats what you want right? When the spell ends return to normal size so getting small? Or does it get smaller than the originaal size?

And yes you are the OP, for long terms, Original Poster! =)

Level 25
Okay, weird glitch.
I set the trigger to make the unit 100% of it's original size again. But what happens is it's actually smaller than before.
Not glitch. Look what I wrote a few posts above

Didnt know that so thanks for the additional information, the OP would appreciate it more with these additional infos.
Yes, you actually need a periodic trigger, a real variable and unit variable for each unit that casts it (if this is supposed to be MUI, you will need to make them array and index them)
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Size = (Size + 1.00)
      • Animation - Change Unit's size to (Size%, Size%, Size%) of its original size
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Size Greater than or equal to 30.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
this is a simple trigger for 1 unit to make it grow by 30%. Size is real variable that is set to 100 in initial trigger, just like Unit is a unit variable set in ini trigger as well.

Level 4
Not glitch. Look what I wrote a few posts above

Yes, you actually need a periodic trigger, a real variable and unit variable for each unit that casts it (if this is supposed to be MUI, you will need to make them array and index them)
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Size = (Size + 1.00)
      • Animation - Change Unit's size to (Size%, Size%, Size%) of its original size
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Size Greater than or equal to 30.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
this is a simple trigger for 1 unit to make it grow by 30%. Size is real variable that is set to 100 in initial trigger, just like Unit is a unit variable set in ini trigger as well.

Thanks, the scaling's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.