• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Specific Modelling and Texturing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey everyone, I have some very basic questions I'd like some answers for. I'm posting here because I haven't found out after reading the other posts. First of all, I'd like to know roughly what an acceptable poly count is for a single character. And would that count be in quads or triangles? After looking at some other WC3 models I'm guessing somewhere between 1500 and 3000 tris?? Also, what dimensions (in pixels) should a texture map be?

Level 5
I think 1500 triangles is a good model with high detail, but don't exceed it too much. Just use less units with high poly count as eXciTe said.

Textures are made on UV maps with deimensions 256*256 and 512*512 with medium and high quality. Use smaller powers of 2 for less detailed objects(ribbon blur, team colors and such).

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That was a completely and utterly useless post, which is considered as spam.

And on top of that, you revived a year old thread.

Not a good way to get started off here, bub.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.