• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spearman

A Footman with a Spear and Shield. Animation edited with Oinkerwinkle's "NoteTrack"

Stand - 1
Stand - 2
Stand Victory
Attack - 1
Attack - 2
Walk
Death
Decay Flesh
Decay Bone
Stand Defend
Attack Defend
Walk Defend

Keywords:
Spearman
Contents

Spearman (Model)

Spearman (Model)

Reviews
21:24, 2nd Dec 2009 DonDustin: I'm not sure right now if I should aprove this one. But I will wait for the general opinion about this model and decide after that. DonDustin: ok...as the overall opinion seems to be really positive I'll aprove it...

M

21:24, 2nd Dec 2009
DonDustin: I'm not sure right now if I should aprove this one. But I will wait for the general opinion about this model and decide after that.

DonDustin: ok...as the overall opinion seems to be really positive I'll aprove it now. But you should consider to do some of the changes that the others suggested :)

hmm....

1: thin out the materials, you don't need another one with a footman skin.
2: remove corpse geoset, remove guts texture and material, and remove "decay bone' anim, that would reduce the size and the bones aren't needed i think.. i don't use 'em :/
3: on death, make spear fall off, not stand at that weird angle. he's dead ya know..
4: rewrap the underside of the shield, make all materials twosided (didn't checked that closely)
5: do more edits to the footman mesh, like.. adding a small cape to his back or front.. just to have more edits :3
6: put more "oumph" into attack defend or make him stab more times in one attack
7: put back the epic drink anim and canister, but make him stab the spear into the ground first :3
8: put the spear tip so that it doesn't make such look with the wooden part. it's kinda messy.

that'll be all :3

rating: 3.59/5 Good!

~Misha~

Level 12
Finally... We get a spearman model thats not a bandit, orc, elf.. We get a footman carrying one, about damn time.

Level 7
Hehe, i like this model, since, as all others might have written in their posts, that there aint many models like this. 4/5 :) Gz

Level 11
Very useful. I don't think it needs things added like some suggest, but you could fix animations and material stuff Misha gave.
But leave decay bones...

Level 12
You should give it throwing animations, those from brigands, Should have him hold it like it too. Maybe make 2 versions, one with Brigand Animations (For throwing, and throwing stance) Then the Footman stance with animations for melee.

Level 5
I like the idea....but maybe re-skin the unit to have leather armor or make the spear a bit shorter and turn the shield into a buckler(little round shield)would fit much better? ? I find this model....not entirely thought out. Just seems to me a mishmash of ideas. Plate armor, wooden spear, and big heavy shield...doesn't quite fit?

Level 12
I like the idea....but maybe re-skin the unit to have leather armor or make the spear a bit shorter and turn the shield into a buckler(little round shield)would fit much better? ? I find this model....not entirely thought out. Just seems to me a mishmash of ideas. Plate armor, wooden spear, and big heavy shield...doesn't quite fit?

Um Brigands and Bandits are already like this, if someone wants this, they can change the animations of a brigand model

@Misha

But its already been approved?

Level 16
hey wandering soul

have you considered making this model, or the other spearman model(named pikeman) having some morph animation to make him jeveliner? I know we already have assassin but having this spear-jeveliner guy, I think, might be useful. ofcourse with some cool animation when he hold the spear in different way, and upload it as seperate thing?

Level 11
This is so useful, considering that this was the most common weapon in Medieval times, it's such a shame there aren't any models like this on the Hive, or much anywhere, What would be very cool and what I've been trying to do but failed, is to transfer the animations of attack to a Villager, making it useful as he can be customized any way you want and can save space.