• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Orcs! v2.4

Reactions: kondoriyano
The era of space weaponry has come. Battle your enemies on the icy tundra of what is left of the Icecrown Glacier for control in an epic AoS. Capture key control points to increase the flow of units and choose between a variety of hero classes, all which can be changed on the fly.

Each class has its own strengths and weaknesses. Armor and attack types come into play when facing your opponents, make sure you have diversity on your team.

Please send me a private message if you find any bugs and state specifically what the bug is.

~New Version!~
Version 2.4
-Crippling Shot range reduced
-Flamethrower and Toxic Trooper movement speed increased
-Base damage increased for Flamethrower, Toxic Trooper, Heavy Machine Gunner, and Berserker
-Sniper attack speed reduced
-Pig Farms removed
-More gold awarded for all kills
-New class item for Mini-Gunner: Bladebane Armor
-Text and tooltip fixes

Keywords:
Star, Wars, Jedi, Orc, Space, Space Orcs, Future, Futuristic, Alien
Contents

Space Orcs! v2.4 (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Good (4)
2) Trigger - Good (4)
3) Minor Error - Excellent (5)
4) Major Error - Excellent (5)
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
8) Single player - Average (3)
9) AI support - Horrible (1)
10) Camera -
11) Originality - Average (3)
12) File Size - Bad (2)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Good (4)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline -
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Good (4)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Good (4)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode -
24) Function -
25) Unit Placement -

Total Accumulation Point : 65/85 * 100 = 76.47

[+] - All hotkey seems to be fine.
[!] - Fix leak, but not all of it. Still, the trigger is good.
[!] - Could add hotkey to those item
[!] - Could possibly add AI into it.
[-] -

Review : I make a quick review over this resources and it seem to be good without any malfunction hotkey. But, it would be even better with a AI on it.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 76/100
Rating - 4/5
Condition - Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 10
well, this is a quite good and carefully made map as i see. you should fix some tooltips however. And about the jedi orc's lightsaber; increase it's size my friend. just open the lightsaber model with w3 model editor and make it's scale about 80% larger. It is too small.

Level 10
okay ive attached the two lightsaber models in the game. scale them if you want but im not promising to put them in, i thought the lightsabers were a good enough size but we'll see. also ill keep a look out for that spelling error thanks. any comments on the gameplay?

EDIT: actually i just realized i shouldnt have you scale the models theyre not mine, so i removed them from the post. sorry.

Level 3
I just finished playing your map. I normally don't like these types of maps, but I found yours quite enjoyable. I felt that the terrain was a bit plain though. The big size also scared off a few people when downloading, but that's nothing major :) Good effort, the space orc theme is awesome.

Level 10
thanks Nekrowizard, im going to try and make a version which scales down the filesize a bit because i realized that theres a few imported models in there that i decided not to use last minute so that should cut down the size

==EDIT==

Map Updated to v1.1

==changelog==
-tinker's towers do less damage and have slightly less range
-zeppelin bombers are stronger
-dynamite and static rocket abilities have a shorter casting range now
-every building gives bounty when killed, not just towers
-removed unused models and textures to lower file size a small bit

Last edited:
Level 10
Im sorry but i felt that this warranted a separate post.

WARNING:
Do NOT play version 1.1 of Space Orcs! there was a critical bug that forced items to dropped. this occurred after some units and models were deleted to save space

Version 1.2 is FIXED, this is fully playable and I encourage everyone to play it. Sorry for the inconvenience : )

Last edited:
Level 10
ATTENTION!

~Update!~
Version 1.3 released

==changelog==
-Bandages now contain three charges
-units no longer remain black after being hit by an EMP
-Tauren Rune Shield text is fixed
-faster missile speed for the Demolisher
-Satchel ability does more damage
-Boulder Tower only has one attack
-the Battle Standard can now be pawned at shops
-Multishot is no longer broken
-hero respawn moved closer to fountain
-Civilian spawn moved to prevent cluttering in the beginning of the game

Last edited:
Level 2
Greetings.

I tried this map (solo) a few days ago and I've to say that it got nicely my tastes. The gameplay is already addictive and for sure, with more human players, it turns way better.

There are plenty of 'shortcuts', but they're as far and entangling than the original paths, so it's better to get on the road (still, I think the forest area requires some disturbing creeps) there aren't a lot of unit types, but in such a setup they are, it is all right for me.

I've only tried a few heroes, but I felt disadvantaged with the so-known 'Bubble thrower', whose AoE skill seemed to be fairly useless, as well with the noxius gas; a way small mana pool for him, being a nuker (just look at his health) and was, for sure, a great target rack for the enemy tanks.

On the other side, the Tauren machinegunner apparently is, by far, the best hero to choose at. His skills were undeniably great, and his presence literally helps the entire squad he is on.

Maybe a little balancing over there would help things to get improved. Anyhow, the map itself is nicely polished, and has no dull terrain. Go for it. 8/10

Level 3
Oh yeah! Veri nice map! My ideas is.. Can you ad Futuristic tanks and air force from acathla.com project?
Now is ok but warcraftish heavy tank looks sux. And if you dont know in Warcraft III editor is hiden Orkis tank and if you have add this tank to editor you need in model track ad this: Units\Other\Orccar\Orccar.mdl

attachment.php

Or check this goblin Tank is nice too: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rev=status=g&search=orkish%20tank&d=list&r=20

Level 3
My other ideas:

1.Jedi: To slowly for gunners. Need ad him faster movement or spell for faster move to point when where have.

2.Air girl: Shooting slowly and to small shooting point. Need better spells. My ideas is change Sleep spells to Grappling Hook DL here: http://wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=575&sid= or somethings like your Sniper Shoots Slowly movement add for this girl hero and Sleep Shoot for sniper.

2. Sniper: Imbalance hero. Good range but too fast shooting. Spell Slowly movement is totally bad for him imba.

4.Cannoner: Dynamite Spell will be beter if can destroy more units in range not only one. Last Spell is stupid.

Thats all for sec..

Level 10
fix some tooltips like telsa coil -> tesla coil or, become orc jedi, instead of summon orc jedi, also same for berserker. Terrain doesn't look that good, it needs improvement, like the main bases, they are boring. Make more trigger-based spells, also needs more recipe items (i think), and improve the lightsaber and double-bladed lightsaber models size, i'll do it for you, of course i wont modify them since they are not mine, but the blades dont fit the orc jedi model.
Other than these, the map looks so good, i would rate 8.5/10 but it have potential so i gave you a 5/5. Keep working =)

Level 3
Next ideas:

1. When barrack in base is dead turn off production new units. Now is allow on and if barracks is dead units coming without barracks thats bug?

2. New hero looking like from wc3 not futuristic and maybe better change him to this hero in car from wc3 secret editor.
Add him spell to
-fast ride for sec
- can ride in unit and splash him like in gta :)))
- change gun mode to bomber shooting
- smoke grenade when unit is in range smoke miss for sec

Something like that...:)

NEW EDITED:

3. When firebat using firebomb ad grenade animation.

Last edited:
Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Good (4)
2) Trigger - Good (4)
3) Minor Error - Excellent (5)
4) Major Error - Excellent (5)
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
8) Single player - Average (3)
9) AI support - Horrible (1)
10) Camera -
11) Originality - Average (3)
12) File Size - Bad (2)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Good (4)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline -
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Good (4)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Good (4)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode -
24) Function -
25) Unit Placement -

Total Accumulation Point : 65/85 * 100 = 76.47

[+] - All hotkey seems to be fine.
[!] - Fix leak, but not all of it. Still, the trigger is good.
[!] - Could add hotkey to those item
[!] - Could possibly add AI into it.
[-] -

Review : I make a quick review over this resources and it seem to be good without any malfunction hotkey. But, it would be even better with a AI on it.

Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 76/100
Rating - 4/5
Condition - Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 3
Ideas etc:

1.Sniper is unbalanced in this version too just need slower shooting for him. In end range + slowing spell + faster shooting= imba or + more items= mega imba.
2. When you capture the point agin, and agin, and agin, and agin.... game is to slowly. Beetler is capture max X times (maybe 4) and destroy towers.
3. In base are really to much building to destroy. 6 barracks ok, but this Pig homes maybe delete or turn to unkillable. 2 Towers from base if all 6 barrack are dead just turn off.
4. Add info when player leave add colored info and more sec duration.
5.Special items need change to one item per hero.

;)

Last edited:
Level 2
THE SNIPER:

It says in the academy that its primary attribute is Agility, But when you look at it its Intelegence

Level 4
I approve

*EDIT*
The game I approve, the name I don't. I tried hosting this on Battle.Net and no one joined, or, some people did but left right after joining. The name is slightly unrelated and not that interesting. While the game itself is great (might wanna add more stores though) the name lacks creativeness. "Space Orcs!" is not in "space." So, my final word, Get a name that is more related to the game. Just because some orcs have guns does not mean they are in space.

Last edited:
Level 10
THE SNIPER:

It says in the academy that its primary attribute is Agility, But when you look at it its Intelegence

Thanks, I'll get on that one.

Ideas etc:

1.Sniper is unbalanced in this version too just need slower shooting for him. In end range + slowing spell + faster shooting= imba or + more items= mega imba.
2. When you capture the point agin, and agin, and agin, and agin.... game is to slowly. Beetler is capture max X times (maybe 4) and destroy towers.
3. In base are really to much building to destroy. 6 barracks ok, but this Pig homes maybe delete or turn to unkillable. 2 Towers from base if all 6 barrack are dead just turn off.
4. Add info when player leave add colored info and more sec duration.
5.Special items need change to one item per hero.

;)

Very good suggestions, I'll see what I can do.

Level 3
Hi all! I'm edited last version of map 2.2 for fun and for better ideas, game play and bug fix. Its unofficial and waiting for approved PrisonLove. What all think about this version?

------------------------------------------------

Called by me 2.2 to 2.4.2 (because its unofficial)

Added to map:

/New Hero model:

Berserker model for me its not looks too space and looks bad because is Warcraftish so is deleted (files model etc) from map and added new guy Warbros model with Pitlord Sound and Icon from spell. Now Looks awesome just check this!

/Snow leather mode:

Blizzard (not BLIZZARD) Snow now is leather and not too much eyes killing.

/Red Leaver:

In change level control folder

When someone leave the game now is "has left the game!" in red color and in 5 sec info showing again.

/Added Info Tip:

In Initialization folder

new action: infos for noobs

When game is started now is Info tips for noobs with ping to map etc. Added sentry wars to show shops and circles.

/Adedd Hydralisk:

4 Hydralisk in Ice.

/Tree Moved:

Moved tree from tower area wall to different place because cant move it sometime heroes and creeps stuck when move around wall.
-------------------------------------------------

Nothing else is edited. No cheats no noobish ideas.
I'm not cheater and all is added for bester game play thats all.

Feedback pls!

DL: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting Space_Orcs__v2.2_to_2.4.2

Last edited:
Level 10
Lord.DarthVader:

Sorry, for responding to your messages, I've been away for a while. While I appreciate what you've done, I won't call your map official. Also, please don't advertise your mod of my mod (if that makes sense) on my map's page. This map is open source, you can make any changes you want and host it it wherever, so long as proper credits are given to me.

As far as your changes go, I do like the new Berserker model; however, it doesn't have the same feel that the others have, and that is why I will not be using it. Also, I'm trying to keep the file size down, by making the models use only in-game textures. On the other hand, your "infos for noobs" section is a VERY good idea, and I will incorporate that into the next version of the game, seeing as to how nobody reads the info that is on the loading screen.

Once again, thank you for everything you've done and for your interest in my map. Feel free to continue giving me ideas, and coming up with your own mods, my hope is that someone (perhaps you) will be able to make a much better version of this map than I can. I will be sending this to you in a private message as well. Good luck mapping!

-PrisonLove

Level 3
Lord.DarthVader:

While I appreciate what you've done, I won't call your map official. Also, please don't advertise your mod of my mod (if that makes sense) on my map's page.

Don't be bad for me. I'm upload my version for watching who ppls say for my ideas etc. I don't have making mod because that non sense. This map is your and i don't need my nick inside map. Think one good version will be good for player not more . So if you have you can just copy my ideas trigers what you like it for your version thats will be faster relesed your own new version thats i have. Just some helps for faster relese with new ideas and perfect map. ;)

Lord.DarthVader:

As far as your changes go, I do like the new Berserker model; however, it doesn't have the same feel that the others have, and that is why I will not be using it. Also, I'm trying to keep the file size down, by making the models use only in-game textures.
I'm understand. Maybe need add Berserker guy some Space Axes or Lightsaber?

I'm Find beeter axes for him
http://xgm.ru/files.php?fc=2&perpage=50&page=13
Axe_2H_War_C_01Red

This Red Axe nr 10 in picture from up to down.

Is Red like blood and stell looks some space.

Anyway last version my innovations in map is here:
DL: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting Space_Orcs__v2.2_to_2.4.2

If you need help i got time i can help you someone else. ;)

Last edited: