• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Orc Shock Trooper of the 5th Generation

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
After a long development process the weapon of the former called 'Lancer' units has been resigned and improved, so it now features three kinds of energy attack: 1.) a small plasma ball that sticks to the enemies 2.) a continuous beam 3.) a very strong shot that powers of the whole weapon for a couple of seconds.

Some infos on the model:
- 'Plasma' elements are an animated multi-layered material
- Weapons tanks and back pack tanks are animated
- Shiny effects^^

Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit without my permission.
Have fun with the model.

Keywords:
Space Orc, General Frank, plasma, blue, lightning, armour, infraction, pulse gun, UT, Thrall, pipe, particle, weapon, gun, shades
Contents

Space Orc Shock Trooper of the 5th Generation (Model)

Space Orc Shock Trooper of the 5th Generation (Model)

Reviews
22:50, 1st Oct 2008 Dan van Ohllus: Works ingame, and I find it to be one of the most impressive model edits I've ever seen. And I especially love how you animated the tube thingys on his weapon and backpack (I wouldn't manage to do that).
Level 4
Hi everyone I'm new to the hive workshop and am having trouble with general frank's models. I absolutely love them and am very keen to use them in a map I am working on, but sadly when I create my custom unit, and make the model file, for example, this space orc unit, I put it in the map and it appears as a large green square.

I've had this problem before, but past experiences had me just exit out and reopen the world editor, and the model usually appears just fine. With these models, however, (and possibly others I haven't tried any others for a while) the green square remains and a yellow message comes up saying:

"Could not load file: war3mapImported\SpaceOrcShockTrooperVG.mdl"

What am I doing wrong, if anything?

Level 5
Hi everyone I'm new to the hive workshop and am having trouble with general frank's models. I absolutely love them and am very keen to use them in a map I am working on, but sadly when I create my custom unit, and make the model file, for example, this space orc unit, I put it in the map and it appears as a large green square.

I've had this problem before, but past experiences had me just exit out and reopen the world editor, and the model usually appears just fine. With these models, however, (and possibly others I haven't tried any others for a while) the green square remains and a yellow message comes up saying:

"Could not load file: war3mapImported\SpaceOrcShockTrooperVG.mdl"

What am I doing wrong, if anything?

Have you installed the newest patch?
That happened to me before until i installed it :p

Level 1
Wow,just played DotA and replaced razor with this model and its icon,its outstanding,im speechless,the only thing that bothers me is the lightning bolt comes out from his lense/glassesn but hey just count it as engine limit and we're fine