• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sounds to units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, heres the deal, i am making custom voices for a the dragongolem unit and i wanna use the goblinalchemist for the goblinalchemist unit, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PATH SOUNDS TO UNITS O.O

i am able to import them into the game but i dont know what to do after that. any help?

Level 22
You don't have to manually import the sounds via the import manager. The only way to add sounds to a unit is to replace currently existing sounds. Go to a sound set (like the one for the unit you are replacing), right click on a sound and hit "replace internal sound." It will then promt you to upload a .wav file, so have it on your desktop or somewhere easily accessable. When you select it, it will automatically upload it into your import archive. But now, when you play the sound you replaced, even though the name is the same, it will be your new sound. I hope this helps.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.