• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Soundfile & Whisper stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Alright, I am creating a map (duh) and need to be able to whisper from a player on certain events...

I did not see any from player to player text functions so i assume they don't exist...

So, i'm writing my own, however I cannot find the whisper sound effect, so if anyone knows the file location of that i would be most grateful.

###Summary###
Whisper sound file path is still needed (InGameWhat1.wav is similar but not right)
Whisper Text colour is |cff00dd00 TEXT |r for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Level 9
Just a quick heads up, you can't actually insert "messages" into the player chat, so if you are trying to exactly emulate a whisper from a user on B.Net, you will fail.

I'll look in a bit.

Edit: The Warcraft 3 Listfile (mine anyways) does not contain the word "whisper".

Last edited:
Level 7
You need to do it with JASS. Becouse with GUI It's impossible man. So if you want to do it, you need to learn JASS.

Sorry i can't help you. But i can say one world: JASS.

All things you need to do by yourself, everybody knows it. Nothing can explain it to you, becouse if user explains you his system, then his system will be his system not you.

Level 7
@Hordeon
sigh, i AM using jass... why is that even relevent anyway????
And it is possible with GUI???? I wrote it in GUI first... and it works... what the hell are you on about? (I switched to JASS due to BJ's and the fact that the (minor) leak would annoy me)

@Cokemonkey11
Not too sure why you wrote the function(read OP), but I'll check out the colour and see if it matches.

No one knows about the sound file then?

Level 7
Yeah, i suppose this is not very common... thanks for the colour code it is an exact match so woot

However still lacking that sound file (its like a chirp, i suppose i could use What1 but it isn't the right sound) very sad

I'll modify the top post to say i have the colour so thanks to CokeMonkey for that ++rep?

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
np dubey, you should learn hexidecimal so you don't have to go around looking for them ;)

everything is a value between 00 and ff, in which ff is completely high and 00 is completely low

the first 2 values are opacity, the second 2 red, the third 2 green, the 4th 2 blue.

so when I said ff00dd00 I'm using full opactiy, no red, almost all green, and no blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.