• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been discussed before, and I know it's considerably more niche than the currently existing resource category, but here's the ~unique twist~ to this thread: I have made 5+ sound resources so far at the time of posting this (I promise they don't suck), and I will literally populate the entire sound resource section if necessary. Pls just give me somewhere to upload sounds 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Imagine each sound being a "resource" in a bundle like so:
1625255799728.png

(Each resource in a bundle is a black rounded box containing something)

And you upload a model and all the sounds that go with it. You have a single model and what, 5-15 sounds depending? The model would be easy to miss in the long list of sounds.

It makes me think that a sound resource should have the ability to contain more than one sound, for soundsets in particular.

But if you upload 3 pieces of music, they might be a resource each and the same with special effects. My only concern is that people would abuse it and upload different soundsets as one.

Oh, and for now it's only MP3, any objections on that? I know WC3 supports WAV but that's silly.

Thoughts?

I mean I could also just make sounds always display in a more compact way or something, to simplify the setup. I dunno...

Level 15
View attachment 382674

And you upload a model and all the sounds that go with it. You have a single model and what, 5-15 sounds depending? The model would be easy to miss in the long list of sounds.

It makes me think that a sound resource should have the ability to contain more than one sound, for soundsets in particular.

But if you upload 3 pieces of music, they might be a resource each and the same with special effects. My only concern is that people would abuse it and upload different soundsets as one.

Oh, and for now it's only MP3, any objections on that? I know WC3 supports WAV but that's silly.

Thoughts?

I mean I could also just make sounds always display in a more compact way or something, to simplify the setup. I dunno...
I really like the idea presented here, it would be similar to how other resources are presented and I think that consistency of resource presentation is important. However I do think that it could get rather cluttered in a bundle of sound sets, where there may be a series of sound sets for multiple heroes. But that sounds like a later problem, and were a sound section added to the Hive I think the presentation you outlined looks quite clean and consistent with the style of presentation for other resources on Hive.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hm.

Is there any way to have some kind of organization for those black "resource" boxes? Like even something as simple as 'sections' (demarcated with a solid orange line & bespoke titles ("Models", "Icons", "Sounds", etc)? Even better would be to allow custom organization/titles. What about a series of label-able expandable/'hidden' sections, or "tabs"? (basically I guess does forum/VB-code work here xD)

View attachment 382674

Thoughts?

I think maybe you should be able to specify if you're uploading a sound set (like different unit sounds) and if so, that should all be in 1 box and you could open a dialog with all the different sounds listed kinda like when you open up a model and go through all of its animations

probably still keep the dialog thing for solo files as well

Status
Not open for further replies.