• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sound Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey Guys!

I found this really awesome pack of sounds on the internet and i think it would be fair if i put them on here in a pack. there are loads of them, but they are all good, i love them. These are sounds from all over the internet, so there is a wide variety.

Also if i have posted this in the wrong place, please tell me.

There are Modern weapon sounds
Weather Sounds
Traffic Sounds

All very useful in their own little way, Enjoy. :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Vehicle.zip
    330.8 KB · Views: 69
  • War Soundpack.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
  • Weather.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
Level 10
Not bad these sounds, but the quality is often very bad and every sound as another kind of noise. Noise is sometimes so much, that I think it might be difficult to hear the right thing from it. Also, the sounds often stop too early or at least very sudden without fading, also if it is senseless for them to be looped, which will make the listener notice the bad quality even more.
Even the encoding is often so bad that it makes the sounds even worse. You have often 8bit mono with 8khz sample rate. Look at the blizzard internal sounds: they are also mono, but 16bit and 22,1kHz sample rate. If you have 8kHz sample rate, 4kHz is the highest frequency possible to include, you should be aware of this! Everybody will notice that this sound will sound flat, it even hurts the ears because they can't understand it because it's completely unnaturally. It's nice to keep the files small, but if you have better sources, you shouldn't go under 22,1kHz sample rate.
So, I think the themes are useful, but the sounds themselves could have much more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.