• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound files format change

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello everyone!

For some reason all of my sound files in the Warcraft MPQ have changed to .wav from .mp3 and can no longer be played inside the editor and I cannot launch Warcraft aswell!

I have no idea how to fix this because all of the sound files are in the MPQ and therefore I cannot change their format with another program.

Level 30
Maybe giving more info what error message does Wc3 gives when opened (if it does give such messages)? Mostly, Wc3 cant be opened when MPQ is corrupted or files are changed into formats that is unknown to wc3. And as I can see that is your problem: music turning into MP3.

So let us go to sugestions: Try converting them back to .wav file but first expor them from the MPQ, change them to.wav and put them back at MPQ maybe? But if that doesnt work, try finding a replacement file for it, and if both doesnt work.... the last is reinstall Warcraft 3 becuase it resets the game itself thus giving the working MPQ again and deleting errors

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Maybe giving more info what error message does Wc3 gives when opened (if it does give such messages)? Mostly, Wc3 cant be opened when MPQ is corrupted or files are changed into formats that is unknown to wc3. And as I can see that is your problem: music turning into MP3.

So let us go to sugestions: Try converting them back to .wav file but first expor them from the MPQ, change them to.wav and put them back at MPQ maybe? But if that doesnt work, try finding a replacement file for it, and if both doesnt work.... the last is reinstall Warcraft 3 becuase it resets the game itself thus giving the working MPQ again and deleting errors

Already reinstalled the game and this fixed the problem. Couldn't bother to export every single sound file and then importing it back...

Status
Not open for further replies.