• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Unknown sound format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

I've recorded some sounds and saved it as WAV extension files, then I edited it and saved as WAV as well. Finally it was converted to MP3. I can easily play the sound via Winamp, but once I import any sound of these into Wc3 Editor, it would not play. I tried importing any other music track, but it wouldn't play either. Window appears with message: This does not appear to be valid sound file. I tried editing its properties, it didn't help. Then I noticed its Format is Unknown and original Wc3 sounds do have formats, except all imported ones. Any ideas how to solve this?

Help would be truly appreciated.

Level 20
Huh?... Check the data that Wc3 default sounds have. Sample Rate, WAV/MP3, if 3D is cheked or not, if it's a Loop, when the sound starts and when ends, the fade rate, etc.

There are several Mp3 compresors, maybe the one you're using is incompatible with Wc3.

Imported Sounds are imported via Sound Editor, and not Import options.

Level 11
Did you import it via "Import Sounds" in Sound Editor?
Sound%20Editor.jpg

(EDIT: Ok my post is a part of what Spartipilo said but there were a minute delay so I didn't see it) :/

Status
Not open for further replies.