• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound / All translations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Good Morning,

i want to play the sound "Inventory is full" but..

1. There are more than 1 sound file in the sound-editor ( all races have its own sound file )
2. I just have the "german version" of all sound files.

What can i do to play the sound without declaring what kind of sound file it should use. So everybody hears the correct sound in its wc3 version ( english, german... and in the correct race! )

You know what i mean?

Best Reg

Aren't they under the same paths between all locales?

Here is a simple test:
(1) Create an empty map and use the "Inventory is full" sound. Play it when the map starts or when a player presses ESC. Hopefully you hear the German sound.
(2) Upload the map here and I (or someone else) will tell you whether it is spoken in English or in German.

Level 13
ok, i'll do it BUT there are 5 different sound files for "Inventory is full", because the orc has another sound file than the human. and the NE and undead has also different sound files...
If i want to play a sound i have to specify a file!

Status
Not open for further replies.