• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Souls from Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi! this is the first "serious" map i'm doing, it's called "Souls from Abyss"(i can change it later, but for it's going to be that) because the game is about a soul that escaped the abyss(think of it like an alternate hell). So let's get to the point..

STORY
A soul left the dark abyss and started consuming all life form near his/her spawn location. Heroes from all around have been summoned to search and destroy this soul before it's able to kill them!

GAMEPLAY
Depends on what team you are, since there are two: one for heroes and one for the soul.

heroes gameplay - You can quest, creep and go to some dungeons to get items powered enough to kill the soul. There's also one type of hero wich can't do those things i said before: the builder. He's the supporter for the heroes and a must have on the team. He builds a base for the heroes to rest, buy basic items and he also provides other utilities such as soldiers. UPDATE: it still crashes even with a non edited phoenix... i guess i'll move on and start making the first soul form.

The current heroes are: Fire Magus, Ice Magus, Storm Rider(shaman in common terms), Warrior, Paladin and Assassin.

soul gameplay - You're the outlaw being hunted by the elite force of the world. The time you spawn, you'll be very weak, giving the heroes an advantage. But, once you consume your first victim, you'll evolve to another form, granting you spells,stats and a new body. Your objective: Stay alive and become the hunter of the hunters.

Mana: One thing about mana here is that you have around 7 mana at every hero and a very slow regen. I did it that way so i could see more easily how much time one would have to wait to spawn it again and some other things.

Stats: The stats won't change much, and they're also in a low number(around 10, and of course the gameplay constants are changed so that you have 10 strength and around 800 health). Like mana i did it that way so it would be easier for me to control things, but they do change a bit, like for warrior, you get 0.30 strenght each level :)

Stuff beeing worked on
(updated 20/09 23:04 brazilian hour)

-Doodads/props and some Terrain
-Builder,Fire Magus' ultimate bug and Illusionist
-List of heroes with their spells coming soon :) Since the illusionist is suposedly the last hero with spells

Fire Magus' ultimate: I made a topic about it, since nobody seems to be reading this thread and i need to fix this bug. Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/metamorph-bug-144445/#post1315787

Soul's Bug: I made a topic about it, since i wasn't able to work it out myself: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...hat-suposedly-should-work-144266/#post1314089

Me needs you!
I need someone to make a blue tranquility effect(the one i mentioned above here) so that the spell used with the ice magus(the glow is green, it has to be blue/light blue... we're talking about ice after all). If you do so, you'll receive a cookie and your name will be in da creditz page.

If you just read all of this, thank you for doing it! :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.