• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Soul Conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I'm just going through the spell editor and found some strange abilities that I can't work out what they do. Wondered if I could get an explaination for these please:

1) "Soul Preservation":the description says it stores a zombie away in the nether for later use but I can't see any practical use for this ingame, where do the units go once stored?

2) what does the ability "Rally" do? The Pocket factory has this ability and it ha sno description.

3) Another one, what does "Revenge" do? Again no description

4) What does "Hero" do?

Level 10
1) I think it was used in the campaign. (I'm not sure; I never played the campaign. :grin:) I've read that its "storage" effects were done with triggers, so it's basically a dummy ability that targets (and kills) only one unit-type.

2) Rally lets you set the point at which units will gather; they'll automatically walk there when produced from that structure. All unit-producing buildings are given Rally in-game.

3) Dunno.

4) It is automatically given to every hero and facilitates hero-related attributes. You can't add or remove it to a unit or the game will crash (I think). The only reason to touch it would be to change the effect that's played when a hero gains a level.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Was used in the campaign by the dreadlord in the race against Arthras in the human campaign. Baiscally you had to kill 100 zombies before he used the ability on 100 zombies.

2. Same as rally on all buildings and games. It requests the units automatically go to the target point.

3. No idea, try and find the unit which uses it (wish WE had a link manager).

4. No such ability "hero". All the abilities with hero in the name generally are used by heroes.

Level 33
4. Are you talking about the "Abilities - Hero" field ? If so, that's where only Hero unit can have that field. Why ? Because normal unit can't manually level up the abilities (pressing the red cross mark) and normal unit too, don't have that red cross mark, right ?

Level 7
Sorry for my slow reply my internet went down, well thats realy disapionting I hoped SOME of these might have an actualy use ingame.

4. Are you talking about the "Abilities - Hero" field ? If so, that's where only Hero unit can have that field. Why ? Because normal unit can't manually level up the abilities (pressing the red cross mark) and normal unit too, don't have that red cross mark, right ?

No its unit ability, but Im using the WE Unlimited so maybe its an addon, its not got perple text so it hasnt been edited

2) Rally lets you set the point at which units will gather; they'll automatically walk there when produced from that structure. All unit-producing buildings are given Rally in-game.

That makes sense that the pocket factory wud have it then thx!

3. No idea, try and find the unit which uses it (wish WE had a link manager).

I cant find any unit that uses it sry but again maybe its only visible on WEU, the abilitys data atribs don't give any clues away

Level 7
Avoid using WEU (use JNGP instead).

Revenge is in normal WE but Hero is not.

From what I've heard WEU is fine to use as long as you dont use any of the advanced code or triggers, I only use it for the terraining options (I only use pretty basic triggers cos im not good at coding)

Would be nice to know revenge does then, I'll keep looking thru the unist and see if I can find any that use it, it could just be another Campaign ability.

I believe Revenge is the ability that makes the neutral creeps like Sheep explode if you click them some many hundred times (I believe it does do some small damage to units, but I don't particularly remember).

It may be added in game if they don't have it, it's meant to be an Easter Egg so it'd be a bit easy to figure out if you noticed they all had the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.