• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something Feels Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I noticed it too. I like it, to be honest.

Level 36
Well, it feels empty... the whole side bar is gone, the handy calendar and other such tools that would normally run along the side are all gone... I preferred it the other way, because content could then by placed along the sides. But of course, this is a matter of opinion, so I think that it should be optional, to be set in your profile, whether you want it displayed or not. This way, those who want the extra content can have it and those who want a cleaner right-there-is-everything-you-need-in-front-of-you look, can disable it.

Last edited:
Level 32
The sidebar will return soon. I had a chance to ask Ralle about it and he said that he had temporarily disabled it due to some conflict or other between the new BIDVERTISER banner and the various style sheets (I think.)

I'm a big fan of lots of content and eye candy, especially on a site's front page. I believe that many other options are available besides just the callender and our other missing tools. Darky's sidebar still has that outstanding scrolling random icon script, and the stuff that 3c has going will pop your eyes right out.

So I think we can all expect a new and improved sidebar in the near future. The profile option is one idea that has real potential, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.