• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concerning the site navigation file size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hoi! I just wanted to download a map from the maps section of this site, and couldn't help but notice how slow it was loading. When I finally got to the download, the download speed was around 80kb/sec, which is quite OK for me. So I wondered why the rest of the maps section was loading so slow.

Then I noticed the only reason it takes 5 to 10 seconds for each page to load is because each page is about 700kb in size - around 500kb of this being made up by the Author list in the navigation bar, which has to be loaded completely before you can actually see any content.

I'd really appreciate if you could do something about this. E.g., move the author list down in your HTML files so the real content loads first, or maybe just replace it by a link to a page that lists authors - there's so many of them the scroller isn't very convenient anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.