• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coding Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In case you haven't noticed, this site is unbearably slow. I, however, have a suggestion to fix this problem. From the look of it, 90% of the site's content is jam packed into index.php, which must be well over 300kb in size. That means it's a 300kb transfer to the client's computer, and then who knows how much for the HTML output to transfer. That could be as much as 500kb per page load - an excessive amount of bandwidth to be consumed for a single load. I suggest splitting each section into its own php file. It would drastically increase the speed of the site and would also save you a fortune on bandwidth.

Level 16
Jarin is the admin on HeroRPG.net. His site is incredibly well-made, and although I have DSL and a fast computer, this site is indeed very slow. If someone can find Darky, I think you can trust jarin to either optimize the index's code, or give Darky suggestions to fix it, because only Darky has the technical access

Level 12
Any possible improvement is welcomed. And yes it's slow for me even with a fast computer. But to that Darky question... what else?

Level 5
SeaGull1723 said:
Any possible improvement is welcomed. And yes it's slow for me even with a fast computer. But to that Darky question... what else?

loading a page on the internet is not about the speed of your computer, its your internet connection. Im running on 56k and it's running fine. 500kb? i dunt think so mat, maybe u got 14.4 k internet.

Level 2
500kb?

it took me 2 seconds to load pages on this site. with the exception of the maps pages.

I think there is somehting wrong with your browser

it can't be your internet, even if you do have super slow internet

this page is no where near 500kb

i suggest yoo get ADSL or betetr

Level 11
jarin said:
In case you haven't noticed, this site is unbearably slow. I, however, have a suggestion to fix this problem. From the look of it, 90% of the site's content is jam packed into index.php, which must be well over 300kb in size. That means it's a 300kb transfer to the client's computer, and then who knows how much for the HTML output to transfer. That could be as much as 500kb per page load - an excessive amount of bandwidth to be consumed for a single load. I suggest splitting each section into its own php file. It would drastically increase the speed of the site and would also save you a fortune on bandwidth.

Umm, I don't get much from this but I guess you are right. It's worth giving a shot. When there are many people on the site, it can get awfully slow. Unfortunately, Darky haven't shown for more than two weeks already so we have to wait for him. >_<

~Daelin

Level 12
jarin said:

Hi, Jarin, greetings from Mc! , Anyways you are right but Darky is missing! , well he is not missing he just seems to be busy with real life, I doubt he will be making any change to these stuff in ages.

Level 11
I'd like to revive this thread, since Darky may return and have a look at it. If you have any chance VGsatomi, remind him of this. It might greatly help the site.

And I don't find this a negative thread necromacy, I'd even say a positive one since it could help getting the site go faster. ;)

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.