• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Someone remembering cinematic fights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Yeah, but it was some kind of competition. I think there was a default map given, where every contestant had to pick one character and fight another contestant. Every player had to create their own attack sequence against the enemy and later on the judges decided how much damage the spell dealt.

Level 8
Wow! :D Try to search on youtube like this: Warcraft 3 custom battle cinematic, or just watch throughout the whole youtube. Things are there, if you use the right words, you find what you want in an hour.

Level 14
I remember these battles. It was amazing, unfortunately too few and I have been searching for these vids as well, but unfortunately without any luck either. Did you find them?

Maybe this should be revived in the arena :D

Level 14
do you think we should try to do a cinematic fight some time? I dont have really much time atm but maybe if we got a week to respond then it would be pretty cool :D

we could have some interesting terrain with several levels and a few different settings ..

Level 14
I wouldn't reject. But same for me - barely will have time for it now! But generally speaking, I think this concept could maybe become another nice contest series.

so, if I got some time in the near future I will defenitely think of you and try to set up such a contest. We could have flexible response times and maybe include the time into judgement. Like this, we will be able to have our real lifes and maybe revive a few cinematic contests. I dont think they have to be uber hyper mega great, it is already a lot of fun to start off and see where this may go.

Well, I got to find some time though. You are welcome to start this by the way ;) :D

ps: to be honest, I would not even care if the oponent took some extra time to cheat on me, because whatever do I care. I dont think people would cheat on this anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.