• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1. How do I create global hotkeys such as 'W' which selects all your warpgates as protoss.

2. Which is the easiest way to rotate an actor?

3. Which is the easiest way to move an actor to a new position over time?

4. Is there any reason for using Apply Force Effects?

5. Have anyone figured out how to use Arc Actors for multiple units?

6. Is DrSuperGood and DrSuperEvil the same person?

Level 9
since drsupergood refuses to answer i'll give it a shot.

1. you cannot in multiplayer maps. in singleplayer you can register a key in the trigger section.
2. actor events offer several possibilties to rotate an actor. ( i have tried different setups and noticed that certain degrees won't work).
3. explain exactly what you want to achieve, there are different possibilties ranging from actor only, actor-buff combo, actor-buff-trigger combo and subsets and unions of these.
4. depends on what you want to achieve, it could also do something you wanna do in 3.
5. be more precise please
6. i don't know but i think so

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. How do I create global hotkeys such as 'W' which selects all your warpgates as protoss.
I tried to find such a thing but could not. I do not know how the button is generated and how to customize it (different art, different key etc).

2. Which is the easiest way to rotate an actor?
3. Which is the easiest way to move an actor to a new position over time?
Actor events can be used to rotate actors. Some types of actor can be applied to other actors to do rotation and position changes. Missiles are generally used to change actor position over time.

4. Is there any reason for using Apply Force Effects?
If I recall, it is what the Mothership - Vortex ability uses to pull units into the centre of the vortex. I also think Hybrid Maar uses it for his one nova that throws everyone back.

5. Have anyone figured out how to use Arc Actors for multiple units?
No idea.

6. Is DrSuperGood and DrSuperEvil the same person?
Clearly not. I cannot be at two places at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.