• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hidden Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi

assets/units/critter/zukargiantEel/ZukarGiantEel.m3
did any1 use this model yet and if yes how? i cannot make it work ingame.

----
is it possible to create vision for a certain player just by the use of an actor? i cannot create an unit because only actors are able to get that special moment.
like i create actor x at position y and player 1 gets vision at position y. :D

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well you just reveal the area for a certain player. This is usually done via script. Be aware that his allies will possibly also see it if vision is shared.

Code:
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Visibility
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
const int c_visTypeMask     = 0;
const int c_visTypeFog      = 1;

native void     VisEnable (int visType, bool enable);
native bool     VisIsEnabled (int visType);

native void     VisExploreArea (int player, region area, bool explored, bool checkCliffLevel);
native void     VisRevealArea (int player, region area, fixed duration, bool checkCliffLevel); // Zero duration means permanent

native revealer VisRevealerCreate (int player, region area);
native revealer VisRevealerLastCreated ();
native void     VisRevealerDestroy (revealer r);
native void     VisRevealerEnable (revealer r, bool enable);
native void     VisRevealerUpdate (revealer r); // Update revealer after region has changed

Level 9
one more thing, the creation of an actor is not a trigger event. where to place that code?
basiclly i want a cursor that reveals an area, sad that you can only add an splat actor to the cursor during this phase of the skill.
i don't want to register the mouse movement even if it would be for a limited time.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
one more thing, the creation of an actor is not a trigger event. where to place that code?
In a trigger handler function responding to some event.

i don't want to register the mouse movement even if it would be for a limited time.
Why not? I think it is the only way to get the functionality you want (turning the cursor into a magic wand revealing the area around it).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Impossible without triggers run using that event. Revealing of map must be done synchronously otherwise a player will run the likly hood of splitting. The only way to do something that bases itself off a player's courser synchronously is to synchronise the courser position or atleast the effect position.

To minimise lag, only let the trigger run when it is needed. If pausing the trigger does not stop the event from firing you can always resort to destroying the trigger and creating it only for the length you want the effect to be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.