• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Some questions about UI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello guys ! Miss y'all !

Going into the crux instantly... I am back to making maps...

So I want my map to look entirely different than a normal map...thus I wanted to modify UI ...

1- How do you guys change the loading bar (in the loading screen) , I know the path of the default loading bar (UI\Glues\Loading\LoadBar\...) , I made my own, but it won't be changed. How do you change it? Or make it invisible at least?

2- How do you change the cinematic borders ...? (I didn't bother myself to figure em out)

3- I saw some tutorial about "how to change the loading bar text" ... It uses war3mapSkin.txt to change the texts. Yet, it resets the whole user interface, which makes things painful to re-configure everything, so where is this war3mapSkin thing located?

4- I want to use multiple 'multi-boards' with different colors (background colors), isn't that possible ? That would be awesome...

5- Not everyone knows MIDI files. When I was navigating the War3.MPQ , I found out that Warcraft uses some Midi files for some themes (Ashnevale theme) , but when I import them, and play theme, they are played in a 50x speed, (approximately 1sec length), how do you get 'em working? (I tried to trick WE and change the ext to mp3 too, no good results tho)...

6- How do you make three cliff sets ? I really need more than just two cliffs... ._.

+rep for everyone

Thanks in advance ! :vw_love:

Level 11
3 - The Loading Bar's Text can be changed in the Game Interface within world editor if I recall correctly.

4 - I Don't think this is possible because if the actual background is set as a path somewhere you can't really change the path in game. So even if you imported a new background, you would be stuck with it. I don't know of a way through triggers to change the background color of a multiboard.

5 - If you play them outside of world editor what happens? That may have something to do with the sound channels it's being played on, but I'm not sure.

6 - With the JNPG editor you can use multiple cliff tiles, but you are still limited to only two cliffs. My suggestion is not to use the blizzard cliffs and just use the raise/lower tool to create all of your cliffs in this case.

Level 15
1. You sure you got the path and dimensions right?

Yes, I tried to use different paths, but yet the loadbar is the same. I recall a map with an invisible loadbar, I just want to know how he did that (I forgot the damn name :/)

=== Number 2 is solved by the Maker, credits go to Flux ===

3. Try this, though I haven't tested if it works.

Isn't that going to fail in Multiplayer, because that seems a local injection into a local file (War3Patch.mpq)...

4 - I Don't think this is possible because if the actual background is set as a path somewhere you can't really change the path in game. So even if you imported a new background, you would be stuck with it. I don't know of a way through triggers to change the background color of a multiboard.

Thanks for the info, I now have an idea, (a colored mask) over the multiboard would help, yet the problem is that the multiboard can be minimized.

5 - If you play them outside of world editor what happens? That may have something to do with the sound channels it's being played on, but I'm not sure.

I play MIDI files outside the editor normally, and also on my phone, even those original MIDIs in Warcraft's MPQ work... but importing them doesn't.

6 - With the JNPG editor you can use multiple cliff tiles, but you are still limited to only two cliffs. My suggestion is not to use the blizzard cliffs and just use the raise/lower tool to create all of your cliffs in this case.

Thanks for the piece of advice, yet, I want to use custom imported cliff-sets, (Downloaded from the hive), and I seem to be able to only replace Cliff0 and Cliff1, perhaps I will go into Terrain Shaping as you said... with custom Tilesets instead of cliffs.

+rep for both.

Level 15
Yeah, but you didn't specify that it is for a multiplayer map.
Anyway, I guess you just have to manually reconfigure war3mapSkin again.

Although that's too tough but it seems the only solution, I don't want anyone to fall in the same mistake,

One has to change loading bar text by War3mapSkin FIRST then moves to other UI modifications...

Thanks tho

Status
Not open for further replies.