• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Some One Help PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How i can create an -ms = movement speed of the hero or -ap = allpick for heroes of tavern or -repick = for remove the hero and pick new!!! help please,i want my map to be verry interest!:cry: I know i need trigger but i dont know the triggers some one help!

Level 18
For the movement speed there should be some kinda trigger for it that can select it.. use that, as for all you have some basic funktion:

Event: Player X enters "xyz" as exact String (something like this, im writing outta my Head)

So Repeat this for all Players, who are able to do this (maybe only Player 1)
For the xyz part just enter "-ms" or "-ap" or anything you like

As i said above, search a bit under the triggers for units or else there should be some, that gets the movement speed, so all you have to do is:

Pick every unit owned by Player X
-> if picked unit is a Hero equal to true (or some other condition, like unit-type of unit)
-->Show message "movement speed of picked unit" (it's some value you changed into a string) to player X

Uhm, for the "-ap" part i guess you got some kinda tavern or else, where you'll need a unit (Hero chooser) to pick a Hero/Unit/whatever..
So same event as always, with actions: create a "Hero chooser" for player x at position of xy (the region you've used or some other position)

The repick part should be easy as well, same event as above.. (remeber to change the entered text all the time, hehe) with actions:

pick every unit owned by player X (you can use triggering player as well, so you don't need to do a trigger for each player)
-> if picked unit is a Hero equal to true
--> remove it from the game
--> wait 0.1 seconds
--> create 1 Hero chooser for triggering player/playerX at position xy
--> pan camera to position xy over 1 seconds.

could be look like this.. if you have some further effects, like spells, or items or anything else you want to keep or reset add them here as well

Status
Not open for further replies.