• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Some invisible stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey guys. I'm making a model of Archangel Michael. But I ran into some trouble. There are some parts of the model that are invisible ingame, although no custom textures are used.

Three of them are the particles emitters used to represent the aura around his head, and also the geoset consisting of his hair is invisible. As it looks perfect in Magos and Mdlvis, I have no explanation.

Btw, what do you think of the idea? Should I proceed with the model? (the base mesh will be remade as I found it ugly and undetailed, I will animate the wingd as well and make a new death animation).

Attachments

• ArchangelMichael111.mdl
    253.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 18
*BUMP* This is the second thread I make about some serious weird problem and noone answers. You know, I'm getting pissed off. Every thread like "HAW 2 MAEK MODULZ SAY PL0X" or "oh noes, randomly appearing corpses" has tons of replies. Come on, what troubles me just shouldn't be that hard. Or are you all ignoring me for some reason?

Level 18
Well, I think I will have to repair some of the animations but I chose Revenant because it's flying and uses a mace (yes, it should be slightly different for a sword though). The helm is horrible, I agree, I think it will be just removed. And the geosets and materials also need a fix, yes, I hate this.

Btw I'm thinking to add a crucifix to his right hand.

Level 5
You might actually want to remake this. On his attack animations, his head detaches itself from the body.

Heres a screenie
untitled.JPG

I opened this up in Magos, and went to Material Manger, and changed the last material (Yes, this happened to me before) It's not supposed to be animated, but you used an animated part of the skin, so.. Yeah.

+rep if you found that this helps.
View attachment ArchangelMichael111.mdl (This one works)

Status
Not open for further replies.