• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some help on a few more spells/triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I've got quite a few so I'll just shoot through these.

First off, a few problems I've been having:

-When using skills based off the Engineering Upgrade ability, at level 2-3 the icon changes to a guy with a ponytail and says 'Tooltip not found!'
-When adding a weapon model to a character through an ability, the weapon also appears at the persons feet.
-Units dont use abilities in the right direction, the missile will go in the correct area, but the caster will turn to his right, left, or just flip all the way around. This started happening awhile ago, and I really have no idea what triggered it, I'm guessing a faulty trigger I made is the culprit.

For abilities/triggers:

Werewolf form: At night, I would like this certain hero to morph into werewolf form, gaining ability and stat bonuses.

% Chance to skills: The basic formula for making a skill that has a % chance to work, for example, 40% chance to cast a lightning bolt on target per attack, 30% to hide when attacked, 20% to parry when attacked, etc etc.

Blink Strike sort of attack, basically blinks to target unit and attacks it with extra damage.

Skill similar to Omnislash from dota, teleports the unit around damaging random enemies in area.

A skill that does damage based on current int,str,agi, hitpoints, lack of hitpoints, etc. I.E. does 1.5 damage per mana point lost.

Another that is similar to Freezing Field from dota, that does a certain amount of random novas/spell around the caster.

Theres quite a few there, so any help on just a few specific ones would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Level 11
Hmm... Let's take the skills themselves one by one.

Formula? If ((Random Number Between 1 and 100) is less than or equal to x)) THEN do. X is obviously the percent you want. Then at then it depends on the spell effect you want.

Werewolf... Look over the site. Meanwhile, I'll consider it. This spell was already a lot requested. I might even use this in my campaign. :D

Blink stuff... Base the spell off Storm Bolt... Let's see...

Trigger
Event - An unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being Cast equal to yourability
Actions - Create "Blink" special effect at Position of (Casting Unit)
- Set Regionne (variable) to (Position of (Casting Unit))
- Move Unit to Target Unit of Ability being
Cast
- Create "Blink" special effect at Position of (Casting Unit)
- Set Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast) to Current Life of (Target Unit of Ability being Cast) - Damage
- Wait 1.00 seconds
- Move (Triggering Unit) to Regionne

Freezing Field... Check Azure's spell...

For the inteligence and so on based skills, try making the spell damage let's say with the formula: Base Damage * Intelligence of (Casting Unit) and so on. You can find stats into the hero part...

I'll probably update help for the other spells later...

~Daelin

Level 2
Well daelin forgot to tell everything about omnislash :)
It's very similar to blink but it need:
For Each Integer A To Integer(Number of blinks - 1)
Action. It's a bit harder to do, if you have problems, ive made that spell some time ago, just look here:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=666&sid=53c5685f8a1b632b0976ff4ed9bbd557

Edit: imho its better to base spell on chain lighting, cuz this spell dont stun (even for 0.01 sec :) )

Level 2
Thanks a lot, I'll try these out tonight if I can find the time.

-When using skills based off the Engineering Upgrade ability, at level 2-3 the icon changes to a guy with a ponytail and says 'Tooltip not found!'
-When adding a weapon model to a character through an ability, the weapon also appears at the persons feet.
-Units dont use abilities in the right direction, the missile will go in the correct area, but the caster will turn to his right, left, or just flip all the way around. This started happening awhile ago, and I really have no idea what triggered it, I'm guessing a faulty trigger I made is the culprit.

This is still really bugging me though, any idea whats going wrong?

Level 2
-You must made minor mistake in *Ability Upgrade* or change spell to other which doesn't exist.

-In spell with weapon effect you must change it in attachments:
1 - *clear
2 - hand, right
3 - *clear (or) hand, right if you want weapon in both hands.
Also you have to change attachment number from 3 to 1 (or) 2

About third thing: you can keep hero to same facing using additional trigger:

Trigger
Events
Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face Real over 0.00 seconds

And adding in setup trigger funcion:
Set Real = (Facing of (Triggering unit))

First trigger should be activated for very short time (About 0.05s)

Status
Not open for further replies.