• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Some contests ideas...

What's a good contest?

• [MODELING] Lightforged & Void

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [TEXTURING] Lightforged & Void

• [TEXTURING] Custom skin for Kwaliti/General Franks Lich King

• [SPELL-MAKING] Make a new spell that has knockback effect.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
What exactly is "Lightforged & Void" ?

I don't think "Tool making" would see much attendance in a contest... what would be the time limit ? 1 year ?
Custom world tree would be just a bunch of trees with different flavor around them... would be interesting to see, but hard to judge I guess?
There are bajjillion element spell packs and a bajillion knockback spells. I'd guess everybody would be tired of making those by now?

regards
-Ned

Level 46
Very sneaky, stuffing all the stuff you want done into a Poll about Contests... ; P

I'm really glad someone reminded me about Voice Acting Contests; I started to write one of those up & get everything ready but I got distracted & never finished. I really believe in them, though, as one of the few things that almost *literally* everyone can do (most everyone has a phone, with a (cheap) microphone & free recording app, and Audacity (for editing) is free... And there are *zillions* of custom models to choose from!

This site used to be known for its Voice Acting Contests, and I'd like to bring that back.

Last edited:
Level 14
Very sneaky, stuffing all the stuff you want done into a Poll about Contests... ; P

I'm really glad someone reminded me about Voice Acting Contests; I started to write one of those up & get everything ready but I got distracted & never finished. I really believe in them, though, as one of the few things that almost *literally* everyone can do (most everyone has a phone, with a (cheap) microphone & free recording app, and Audacity (for editing) is free... And there are *zillions* of custom models to choose from!

This site used to be known for its Voice Acting Contests, and I'd like to bring that back.
Nice concern if you would want to restore the Voice Acting Contests, if I can remember or see, the very last one was way way too old, way back 2011, the time and era of Pharaoh_. Correct me if I'm wrong to recall.

:) Maybe we add this kind of contest up for some new wave of generation of members for them to compete, as to add this to add more number of contests.

Level 12
Contest theme ideas aside, what happened with the proposal to have them scheduled properly ?
There are quite a few categories that have been overlooked a bit or have not had regular occurrences for ages...
e.g. I think that last spell contest was 2016 or early 2017 ?

regards
-Ned

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 73
There are quite a few categories that have been overlooked a bit or have not had regular occurrences for ages...
e.g. I think that last spell contest was 2016 or early 2017 ?
No point in having a contest if people are not interested.
If they are, they will make a contest thread. If not, then not.
No point in having a contest if there isn't enough participants.

We have more 2D & 3D artists than musicians, i. e.
Not saying that there shouldn't be music contests, but does it really make sense to make as many of them as of the other contests that have more participants?

Level 12
No point in having a contest if people are not interested.
If they are, they will make a contest thread. If not, then not.
No point in having a contest if there isn't enough participants.

We have more 2D & 3D artists than musicians, i. e.
Not saying that there shouldn't be music contests, but does it really make sense to make as many of them as of the other contests that have more participants?

Oh, wow, wait, hold your horses.
I have not said "Make equal number of contests for everything every month". I've absolutely no idea how you reached that conclusion.

Just announcing when a contest happens is quite silly. "Hey guys, contest in 2 weeks, come join!"
Well bugger off, some people are active on periods. As such a schedule would be an particularly good way to inform people that if they like to participate, there would be an X contest in November.

Also, if there is not enough participation a contest can always be canceled. There is obviously little to no meaning behind 2-3 participants. OR it could be just turned into a challenge on the spot if there are few interested.

Make a schedule, 1-2 contest per month, popular contests more often, unpopular contests a little bit rarer.

All in all, just have a table out somewhere giving a structure, not just randomly happening.

regards
-Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.