• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SOLVED] I Might Have Corrupted One of the Base Textures of the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I was importing a skin that replaces the Human Wizard texture, and after setting the path to the one specified in the readme and reloading the map, I noticed that it had completely ruined the Human Wizard (i.e. Emissary, Chaplain, etc.) texture and now these models were just blank with a floating red cape. I tried removing the imported texture, reloading the map, and yet I still have this problem. What's worse, other models that also used this texture also now have missing parts.

Is there any way I can reset the Human Wizard texture to the default again? I've tried finding and deleting all instances of this imported skin from the import editor list, but the problem is still there. I really don't want to have to start a new map from scratch, because I've put so much time already into making this one, but I really need a lot of the models that use this texture. Please, I would really appreciate any help!

EDIT: I've also tested on other maps and the emissary model is still messed up. It seems I have entirely broken the base texture of the model.

Last edited:
Level 6
Were you importing it into your map or into your mpq databases?

If you just imported the skin into one of your maps, deleting the skin out of the import editor should usually fix it after a fresh restart.
What you can try is, to restart and check if the model in general is bugged. Open your editor with the standard map that gets created, and check if the model is corrupted there aswell. (Do that before opening any map)
If it's not then there are probably still some files in the map you imported it before, that you haven't deleted yet.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is impossible for importing files with the import manager to corrupt the base MPQ archives. Either you are not restarting the editor application (the editor only loads models and textures once, even if you change maps it will still show what it loaded the first time) or you used a third party MPQ editor to damage your game data MPQ files (no idea why anyone would do this, it can even get you banned from online play). If you have damaged your game data MPQ files then you need to reinstall Warcraft III.

Last edited:
Level 2
Ah yes, when I was reloading the maps I was just loading a different map and then going back to the original map. I tried actually closing and opening the game after deleting all instances of the imported skin and it works again now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.