• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Editor: Changing texture of a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, I edited a texture of a model, and then I wanted to change it. So I've removed the default texture, and then imported my edited .blp texture, but it didn't change, the model turned black, so What else do I have to do?

Level 25
I assume the model editor is War3ModelEditor? If so, go to Material Manager (top bar -> Windows -> Material Manager) and it will open a list of materials. Double click one material and it should open another window with Material Layers. Double click one layer and it should open yet another window. In this window there is a "Texture ID" group (I have it in upper-right corner). In this group there is a list with textures (it looks like a simple one-line field, so you have to click on it). If the chosen texture in the list is the model's texture you removed, change it to your custom texture. Repeat this process for all MaterialLayers and Materials.
Do note: Since you already remove the original texture, I don't know if there will be any texture set in the MaterialLayer window or if it will be empty. Guess you'll have to try.

Also, your custom texture should be in specified path from the model. What I mean by that is that if you import your custom texture as "Textures\MyTexture.blp", then for it to work in the model editor you have to create a folder where your .mdl file is called "Textures" and place inside it the "MyTexture.blp" file.

Status
Not open for further replies.