• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What am I doing wrong with importing these skins?

Level 12
I'm trying to import a custom skin for the Mountain King. As per the instructions of a few conflicting guides online, I've tried setting the path to both units/human/HeroMountainKing/HeroMountainKing.blp and Textures/HeroMountainKing.blp, but neither one is working.

As a note:
  • I've tried refreshing the map and testing the map, but still no change
  • The imported file is an approved one from here on Hive Workshop, so I know the texture file isn't the problem
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've spent about an hour trying to find guides here and on YouTube, but by all accounts it seems like this should work.

Man, I wish there was just a field on the Object Editor where you could set a model's skin instead of having to fiddle with paths and stuff.

Level 20
Here are the texture paths for the MK, that's a bit of a special case because of the avatar form:

1705454432730.png

He's one of the very few units to use that path so that was some bad luck to choose that unit in particular :p