• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SOLVED] Female Tauren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello guys! I would like to request someone to create a female tauren model for my upcoming project. I've been searching for one on many warcraft 3 sites but with no luck except for the WoW rip which I don't want to use. So, I'll be happy if someone is willing to take this request. :)

As an idea, you could base her animations on the Druid of the Claw or Archimonde's animations for example. Also, I want it to be a caster, not a melee unit.

Thanks in advance!

Level 27
I guess you could just put some mammals from another model on a tauren and be done with it

I still have nightmares from that Female Demon Hunter someone put a pair of years ago, just add tits doesn't work always xD.

About the model. Have you searched on the old Mods post, if my memory isn't trolling me, Ominous horizonts or Rebellion creep had Tauren units not published on Hive's database.

Level 34
I still have nightmares from that Female Demon Hunter someone put a pair of years ago, just add tits doesn't work always xD.

About the model. Have you searched on the old Mods post, if my memory isn't trolling me, Ominous horizonts or Rebellion creep had Tauren units not published on Hive's database.
Yep, Ominous Horizons have a female tauren hero, though it has a lot of bugs, weird animations and a low quality texture :c

Level 27
Yep, Ominous Horizons have a female tauren hero, though it has a lot of bugs, weird animations and a low quality texture

This one? I could try something with doomguard animations, hopefully with a functional model, someone with texturing experience can work a little bit of love xD.

Attachments

• Tauren.jpg
    Tauren.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 363
Level 28
I guess you could just put some breasts from another model on a tauren and be done with it :D
Haha. The problem is the animations though, I tried to transfer the eredar animations to the tauren unit but the animations gets completely messed up :/ I was hoping it would look like similar to this but as a tauren.
Basically, what I want is a female tauren that looks kinda like this one : https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowp....jpg?version=519f18f78aa39461ede1a1847fa9c93b

Level 13
Haha. The problem is the animations though, I tried to transfer the eredar animations to the tauren unit but the animations gets completely messed up :/ I was hoping it would look like similar to this but as a tauren.
Basically, what I want is a female tauren that looks kinda like this one : https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowp....jpg?version=519f18f78aa39461ede1a1847fa9c93b
Hmm, then maybe editing the texture and adding a pair of boobs and a skirt to this model? BlackTaurenShamen
If Magatha is the enemy, than it's not that important. You can use the male with a hero glow.

Level 13
Well, because people will focus mostly on her stats and abilities and how to kill her. They won't notice the gender (that much). Downside is that it will not look so good in the cinematics.
What I meant to say is that (while it would be visually more stunning) it's not necessary. There are no female Tauren in WC3, and the model might look out of place. In that case it's better to use a male than a ridiculously looking female.
Btw Reforged (MAY) offer a female Tauren Chieftain.

Level 28
Well, because people will focus mostly on her stats and abilities and how to kill her. They won't notice the gender (that much). Downside is that it will not look so good in the cinematics.
What I meant to say is that (while it would be visually more stunning) it's not necessary. There are no female Tauren in WC3, and the model might look out of place. In that case it's better to use a male than a ridiculously looking female.
Btw Reforged (MAY) offer a female Tauren Chieftain.
She does actually have an important role in the campaign, I made a chapter specifically for her. I know that some people may not notice the gender differences especially for those who don't know her or haven't played WoW, but the others will find that wierd and out of place. Besides, she ain't just a simple tauren, I want to give her a special role in this campaign.

Level 27
Using the skin for arms and other stuff doesn't look right, i'm going to copy the head whole from the portrait, my idea is removing the legs and making a dress using Furion black cape for arms and legs, the belt is going to be team colored with the Spirit walker cloths and to add life a totem on her back.

I'm using Fel Orc Warlock texture, and maybe animations if you want.

Attachments

• TaurenMatron.jpg
    TaurenMatron.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 328
Level 28
Using the skin for arms and other stuff doesn't look right, i'm going to copy the head whole from the portrait, my idea is removing the legs and making a dress using Furion black cape for arms and legs, the belt is going to be team colored with the Spirit walker cloths and to add life a totem on her back.

I'm using Fel Orc Warlock texture, and maybe animations if you want.
Looks very good, I like it! :D
You can use any animations that you see it suits for her, all that matters for me is that it looks feminine :]

Level 27
Feet changed into hooves, and most of the model clothing done. Next stop is trying to find a way to transfer the head, because WC3 models are hunched while WoW Female Tauren have a L shaped neck ._., after that is trying to make the face rounder and shorter without deforming the portrait animations.

Attachments

• TaurenMatron.jpg
    TaurenMatron.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 225
Level 27
Nice, nice.

One point of critique; her arms seem rather thin IMO (though it may just be the angle.)

Not only the arms, the proportions need a lot of work too. Compare it with the male Tauren model and you'll see it has more of a human proportions than tauren.

Yup, i'm working the model from a human base, i was thinking on use resize with mdlvis to add more size to de body. About the general shape, i'm using the shape of the neck from the OM as a guide, because it doesn't look too clutered.

Attachments

• ShapedNeck.jpg
    ShapedNeck.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Rotundness.jpg
    Rotundness.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 171
Level 50
The proportions are off, sadly. The head is too small, and the legs too long as you mentioned.
Did you use Quilboar textures? Shouldn't this particular tauren be black?

Example art
wowx4-artwork-35-large.jpg
I will work more to fix the proportions issues.
As for the color, sadly the lack of in game textures is giving me hard time making her look 'black'. But I will see to experiment something.

Status
Not open for further replies.