• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(SOLVED) Crypt Fiend edit - Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hey @Flute, for some reason I can't get it to work. The model just doesn't appear ingame. Tried leaving NerubianSpearThrower.blp without anything behind as the path, tired writing Textures\ before it and nothing. The models (including portrait) I've left them with their paths without anything behind: NerubianSpearThrower.mdx.
The portrait loads as a model if I choose it instead of the base/body model. I think the issues might be the texture's path.
I don't want to replace the Crypt Fiend's existing texture as I'm using this model as an upgrade for the base unit.

EDIT: thanks to @Traxamillion and his thread (Importing Models, Skins and Icons.) I've opened the model in @Magos' War3 Model Editor and found the exact texture path: Spiders\NerubianSpearThrower\NerubianSpearThrower.blp
Now, the problem is, the portrait doesn't show when I select the unit. I think it might be because of the path you've made for it that is different than the one the base model has. I don't know how to change the path in the model editor. It's grayed out.

EDIT: so, the solution was to add the texture again (copy) and put the same path as in your edit: NerubianSpearThrower.blp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.