• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

~Solution to Sound Sets~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, I'll remind you later when the time comes. You know, it probably isn't much of a job to throw in the Hero's sound effects. After all, NPC's don't need Sound Sets; only User Controllables do. :D That limits your work to the... 13 Heros of LoA, plus only a few Quest units.

How about this:

Dwarven Rogue - "Rifleman"
Dwarven Warrior - "Bronzebeard" Hell yeah, PWN!
Elven Druid - "Druid of the Talon" (although I personally like "Druid of the Claw, the model seems more like the DotT." :D
Elven Archer - "Archer". The "Shandris" Sound Set, if there is one, may be better though.
Goblin Engineer - "Goblin Tinkerer" (You mispelt Engineer in your FanSite Kit. Please make sure it is correct in the map! :( )
Goblin Thief - Gawd... no idea. What does the WC3 Goblin Alchemist sound like? (Would it fit here?)
Human Mage - Does Medvih have his own WC3 Sound Set? If not, "Priest". The fact that priests say things about Light Magic shouldn't really matter. The fact is you need a sound set, and your Medvih model seems to fit the "Priest" Sound Set Decently.
Human Paladin - "Uther Lightbringer" Hell yeah, PWN again!
Orc Alchemist - I think one of those strange Orc Warlock Campaign units has a good Sound Set for this guy.
Orc Berserker - "Grunt" is always nice, but if you find something better, tell me!
Orc Hunter - "Headhunter" or "Batrider"... I know batriders have strange soundsets, but it's much more creative than the regular old "Headhunter" Sound Set.
Undead Stalker - "Sylvanas"s' Sound Set isn't bad, but I have a feeling you'll just go with the "Dark Ranger"
Undead Warlock - "Lich"

Level 2
unless the dwarfen rogues model file is the rifelman then the rifal sound set would be way out of place ocz he would always be saying "give me sumthing to shoot"

Level 4
Sir... Download the FanSite Package from the LoA Website. It has images of each and every Hero in it. :D

Hence, yes the Dwarven Rogue uses the Rifleman Model... Strangely, I noticed the model looks just a little different in the screenshot - they may have edited it slightly.

P.S. Alowan, why aren't you giving me any feedback about my Sound Set ideas. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Level 5
Hence, yes the Dwarven Rogue uses the Rifleman Model... Strangely, I noticed the model looks just a little different in the screenshot - they may have edited it slightly.

New skin, whit golden armor...

P.S. Alowan, why aren't you giving me any feedback about my Sound Set ideas.

due to that we dont use the talk sounds, only attack etc ones.. since its irretating to hear the same sound 1 hour in a row..-

Level 4
Irritating? 1 Hour?... ehh. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. Honestly, I've ever seen a map completely remove all the sounds that you are planning to remove. :? :? :?

One thing's for certain. If the environmental sounds aren't entertaining, it WILL get irritating to hear nothing, until attack commences. :(

P.S. Gold armor, you say? HMMM, sounds sexy! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.