• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo-ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Pretty decent map, wish the potions auto equiped or stacked.

Solo'ed with the Shaman.

End boss seemed bugged, was able to keep sending pets in to attack him and he'd deaggro.

Also De-aggro when he would stun me with no pets up.

Fought him straight up and he was tough for solo.

Its too bad other classes wouldn't be able to do the same because of no healing.

Level 17
The last boss is not bugged.
If you walk to far away, a unit will return to where it once was standing, it is like that in warcraft 3, nothing you can do about it.
And this is not a single player map, we have said that a several time, so its not weird that you cant complete it alone. Also, its not weird that you can finish it solo with witch doctor if you abuse the fact that you can hide, heal, hide, heal, hide, heal, etc. D:

The inventory system is being remade, so why not mention the potion thing in the STICKY thread that is about the inventory. It is the perfect place to mention such thing as auto equiping potions when you pick them up.
But no, potions will not stack, we have made it the way it was in diablo 2, you have potions, and you equip them to your belt, and you can not stack them.

But im not really sure how potions work in diablo 3 to be honest, i have forgot..

Level 3
I think potions should stack. In Diablo you can have up to 16 potions, my point being that you can just add a cooldown counter on them, can't you? Having only 4 slots for potions, some major battle... going in your inventory to change potions is very time consuming and not the safest thing to do against a boss. Please do have this in mind. :smile:

Level 17
I think potions should stack. In Diablo you can have up to 16 potions, my point being that you can just add a cooldown counter on them, can't you? Having only 4 slots for potions, some major battle... going in your inventory to change potions is very time consuming and not the safest thing to do against a boss. Please do have this in mind. :smile:

What was diablo 1yes.
In diablo 2, you have a belt with 4 slots.
When you pickup a potion it appears in the belt, if the belt is full, it appears in the bag, you have to equip the potions you have in the bag to your belt manually if you want to equip more. BUT you could also get better and better belts allowing you to "stack" up to 5 potions in each slot i think?..
You did not really stack, but it worked pretty much the same.

Level 3
Have you even played Diablo 2?

You can have a belt even before finishing the first quest, which makes a total of 8 potions. Also, it's up to 4, not 5.
Why do I have to repeat myself? In boss fights it's too time consuming to go into your inventory NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING MEANWHILE. If you make them stack with a COOLDOWN you can't use potions frequently but you don't have to waste time to put them in there. Cooldown = time to put them in the belt. It's a problem fix, an update, an UPGRADE.

Level 17
Have you even played Diablo 2?

You can have a belt even before finishing the first quest, which makes a total of 8 potions. Also, it's up to 4, not 5.
Why do I have to repeat myself? In boss fights it's too time consuming to go into your inventory NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING MEANWHILE. If you make them stack with a COOLDOWN you can't use potions frequently but you don't have to waste time to put them in there. Cooldown = time to put them in the belt. It's a problem fix, an update, an UPGRADE.

I played diablo 2 for 4 years. I had one level 99 sorceress and a few other characters.
So yes, i did play diablo 2, but CloudWolf didnt play it (he reached about level 10 or something i think).

I know EXACTLY how everything works, and we will remake the entire inventory (anachron is doing it) and we will do our best to improve what is bad. That is why it is BETA. :D

So yes, i know how it all works, and we are doing our best to improve it.

The thing is that currently, we have warcraft 3 gameplay, and not the hack'n'slash that diablo 2 had, so if we had potions like in diablo 2, it would be almost impossible to loose. But i will see what i can do about it..

Level 3
Yeah sure, every version is Beta. :grin:

It's great to hear you're doing your best, I hope taking ideas into consideration is not a bad thing. :)

Mm yeah, maybe it could become easy but when half of the players are noobs it gets pretty rough lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.