• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A solo player opinion of Riplash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
is it just me or riplash is not a very good hero to pick, i've been playing this map for a long time, sadly for me i wasn't able to update my w3, so i stayed in 2.4.2, but away from that what do you think about this Riplash i find that is a very insteresting concept since is one of the heroes who can swim.

i always play solo so idk how is to have someone healing me or something(furbolgs are very useful) so this is my opinion about riplash,

pros: decent spammable stun with nice scaling, decent mana cost on abilities, good base stats have massive type of dmg and hero type of armor, from this version murlocs are actually a very nice summon ability.

cons: mastery goes to a summoner build, murlocs numbers scale with mana and their damage scale with your attack damage this three stats a very away from each for a strenght hero, healing spray trades your dmg for healing while there's a talent that makes your q be counted as a normal auto attack to benefit of lifesteal.

attack dmg scaling looks like a nice thing for a tank since you want to build that item that gives you extra strenght by 0.8% of your max hp, you can build chaoseater for extra attack dmg, but this two items gives no armor at all and flat defense in high difficulty is not very good(is nice vs magic dmg) still by having a lot of lifesteal and a chance of getting a double auto-attack is nice dmg and healing but is not enough to sustain up and if you buy crit you are loosing way too much items, you are not dealing significant dmg and you are not healing enough plus you dont have the stats of a tank with that kind of build, in my point of view the concept doesn't work since i'll just build full strenght and will be better since tail slam has an actually good scaling and is very spammable, maybe riplash is just an AOE stun and that but idk what's your opinion about this hero and i want know if i'm wrong and i can try something different.

i play a lot solo runs of this map and i have finished the map with a lot of heroes in hell heroic, hard heroic and well i've been able to beat insane heroic with Druid, Ice Lancer, Warlock, Necromancer and death knight(i think many of you have beat the game with dk i think is the easiest way to beat it in insane heroic but it takes time) Ice Lancer is my favorite hero i think is perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.