• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

so my terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heres my first terrain and i know its garbage so i could really use some advice.
I have a lot of cool ideas in my head, im just having some trouble putting them onto the screen. thanks!

TOok away crystal one, ya that WAS wierd
added golem meeting
tell me which one you like better

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Terrain 3.JPG
    Terrain 3.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Terrain 3.1.JPG
    Terrain 3.1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Terrain 4.PNG
    Terrain 4.PNG
    625.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Level 2
I added another terrain.
well i was thinking of having one guy looking out in the distance and having a big city, or cave at the end. then right below him there is a dangerous path to get there. then my second one is just a big horde of undead envading night elves land, and a scout sees them coming

Level 6
Hmm... crystals in NE land? Maybe try creating a dense forest, with a lot more growth. Learn to know the UTM:)

Also it isn't bad a a starting terrain, but needs practice. It needs good fog and try to make a good atmosphere with lightning.

And it doesn't really look like a big city ór cave in the first one. But I think when you practice a bit you can make it nice. Take a view at some people's terrain showcases and try to learn from them.

Level 34
Not bad. Not a fan of Blizzard trees. And the third is better than the second.

Level 6
Hmm... they don't look very natural. And, why would golems have a table, with books:razz:?.

The only advice I can give you is practice a lot and study other people's terrains, critisize, comment them and learn from them.

Level 7
Not too bad. I'm not really a fan of the fog in the second and last screens. Try making them darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.