• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A new shot at terraining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
so heres my new terraing i dunno if its good i used a photoshop to add glow to crystals. Pleasse comment.

Update: i took ur advice and tryed utm and heres what i made 1st pic is old and 2nd is new any better?

Update: added yet another picture of frozen abyss pleasse comment ,tell me if its any better than last one, and give me some advice to make it better.

Attachments

• frozen abyss .jpg
    frozen abyss .jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Frozen Abyss 2.jpg
    Frozen Abyss 2.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 151
  • frozen abyss 3.jpg
    frozen abyss 3.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 117
  • Frozen Abyss 3-2.jpg
    Frozen Abyss 3-2.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 19
well the first thing i notice is that is kinda empty...
and teh background looks liek bloobs wich is not nice and needs more tile variation
43975d1229726859-raid1000s-screens-snow.png
42265d1227257325-raid1000s-screens-winter-meh.jpg

Level 11
Personally I think that using the glow doodads from the UTM would be faster, but that's up to you.
The background looks a little weird and it's just way too empty.
Looking at other pictures (raid's for example) is a nice way to find inspiration and learn a few tricks to make your terrain look more realistic.

Level 3
true but even unrealistic stuff has to have some realism or else its just like "oh well it looks ok its not bad but its not good" either way good ideas for inspiration are probly raid1000 Madsen ~void~ and a few others i 4get their names atm either way more tile variation would help as well as more doodads also UTM is faster and has better results imo

Level 17
Don't say bump so soon. Second one lacks any tile variation whatsoever. And it looks very unnatural. I like the rock inside the crystal =D

Level 12
Dude the photoshop-ed lightning(was it meant to be?) sucks.

For a landscape-focused terrain, you should try getting some sort of wider angle. It just lacks depth.

A lot of stuff looks out of place, like the statues and such, like 'what's the function of it' kind of thing 'did it land from space?'.

Status
Not open for further replies.