• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So many hacked/moded maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I did not realy know where to put this topic since it is WC3 related but is nothing about maps/trigger desing or modles so moderators im sorry if it is in the wrong fourm.

Whats with all the diffrent file names for the same map on Battle Net?

There are tons of maps with [1] in their filename which I already have.
So I am led to the conclusion that they are FAKE or HACKED.

Here is how I got my conclusion!
I joined a final fantasy epic RPG game of type version 0.8.2.
I started to download it so I thought HMMMMM thats werid I already have the 2 versions of it realsed which I Dled from the offical FFE website.

Then I looked at the map name!
FinalFantasyEpicV0[1][1].8.2
Like what the :: the name is oboviously man edited to be like that.
The [1] is in the middle of the 0 and the .8.2 which points towards it not being genericaly added by WC3 due to it would eithor add it in the front or at the back of the file name.
Also this is repeated twice!

Well back to my story.
I said "WAIT A MOMENT this version is not offical it is hacked, since when did Ilyas name his map version 0[1][1].8.2 espicaly since the offical ones i got from his site are not named that." The host said "Hacked is not the right word."
5 secs latter BOOM I was kicked.
I then /w the host saying "Ha you kicked me because i find out you hosting hacked versions" and he replied "you are now on my banlist... so... I don't care"
The host's name was The_Cat_5000

Now a few days before that I joined a simlar game but with a DOBR Azeroth or whatever but with a diffrent host.
I said "the version is fake" and the host replied "how you know" i said "most offical versions do not have [#] in their name espicaly in the middle of the map name" and he said "im sorry i got 5 versions of this map i dont know whats the offical version of it ill rm a diffrent version". He then made the offical version.

This deffenatly leads me to the conclusion that maps with [#] in them are eithor some SICK prank or modefied with out the permision of the author.

With the stories above the first one which happened on the 14/04/06 the mapmaker behaved like he modified the map and to stop people leaving his moded version he booted me before i convinced people were joing to play a nonoffical version.

The second story which happened a week before, the host was a victim of all theses "RENAMED" maps.

It gets worse. . .

The otherday I saw a map like this. . .
[1]MAPN[2][1][1][1][1][1]AMEv[1]##.[3][1][2]##
The map name I forget it was something like parasite ET or whatever they call the new ripped versions.

Using jass shop pro people who know a little jass knowledge can easily hack protected map's triggers.
I have falen victim to many of theses hacks in many maps.
DBZ supreme 1.3 where the code system was completly changed by some hacker (not like the DBZ supreme 1.3 codes).
DBZ tribute 9.8 where the player with X name gets 9999999999 stats at start.
DBZ tribute 9.8 where 2 players on the evil side get kicked at map beginning.
DBZ tribute 9.8 where certain power lvls were locked to rig the map for the host.
DBZ tribute 9.8 where GOKU could kick players during game.
AZEROTH WARS where the host could kick players from game.
DARK DEEDS 8 (RIP OF DD5 again. . .)
Dark deeds 7 (++) where red (with certain player name) could kick any player he wished from game Even though ++ is a fake anyway.
SWAT AM where certain player name could play as the creeps.

Im sure others have experienced this. . .
I wrote this to try to discourage people from Dling fake or moded maps since they are rigged or just clog up your map list.
Please share your opinions about maps which have their names changed so that their noticably fake.
The [#] renameing has happened to vitualy every map played.

If anyone has a more logical explanation please say it.

P.S. Hope your not too bored by this long post. . .

Level 7
I experience that too
I'm on Northrend and somedays theres serious mapfaking.
I mean look at all those Vampirism maps.
Most hosted is version 7.9 or so.
I got the official one. But i didn't find any games hosting that map. always ridiculous fakes like 7..9 etc

I just can say: DO NOT JOIN FAKE GAMES

It ruins it. It prevents others from playing the original ones and its frustrating to participate in a map some idiot fucked up to... i dont know. gain advantage or whatnot

Level 7
I havent experienced this much but I have heard my friends saying crap like this. I mostly have it happen with LoAP. Use to play it but now almost every version is Hacked. I have also seen this happen with WMW alot. Its really annoying. Some of the edits are good though. But thats about 1% of them :shock:!!

People who do that just do it cause they are n00bs who cannot make maps so they steal maps and make it suit them. This one time I was playing a hacked map and I called the host a idiot and he kicked me. Hacked maps really suck most of the time.

Level 3
Wow i have experienced this with Heros and empires. There is like 7 versions of 7.2 heros and empires. some are the same some are rigged.

-----
Sidenote:
How come no one has made a rigged version of dota?
-----

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The-King said:
Wow i have experienced this with Heros and empires. There is like 7 versions of 7.2 heros and empires. some are the same some are rigged.

-----
Sidenote:
How come no one has made a rigged version of dota?
-----

Well, I think no one has ever suceeded to unprotect DotA, as far as I know.

Still, I must admit your right, I have three 1.36 versions of Azeroth Wars Strategy... and about CotMRP Azeroth, it was I who made that terrain, but we -- the CotMRP Team -- care little, for that triggers are outdated, the pRP source is much better. Of course, in whatever circunstances, I don't like to see it being edited and such, but I don't give a damn. Every roleplayer on the European server atleast, knows that I'm it's creator. I never download outdated versions anyway. I'm doing my best to assure that everyone has the current and official version.

Level 3
There used to be a number of hacked notd maps. Nevertheless, I believe that open source is a helpful way of learning and building a better map. I allow users to download earlier versions of NOTD Aftermath for them to learn or build on its infrastructure. Not many people can dedicate the time and effort to constructing entirely new maps, and this is a measure to add variety on Battle.Net, for better or worse.

Level 8
nooobs fake

I haven't that problem

I just play games ( like Dota , Enfo etc. ) where I know they are protected because noobs cannot break protection.

And I have a protected map ( for that noOobs which fake the maps and make crap with it ) . I saw at the Europe server a faked Skibi TD! Player 1 could kick everyone and could build everytomer because he has got 1.000.000 Gold.

I really hate the fake versions so I am for map protections =).

Oh and I have a special mark on my maps. There are called 0.3[5] for example instead 0.35.

Level 22
i agree with dhk_undead_lord, i will protect ALL my maps that r for multiplayer, not to prevent form others seeing how i do it, but for preventing from getting all those fake version. i wont protect my campaign maps though. i once saw a site which had a program that adds(dunno how to call) this thing to ur map like the symbol money has when u hold it in light (water brand?) Some hidden text so u can c whos the original creater, but... lost the site..

Level 9
DotA has been hacked, trust me...
Anyway, if i ever do release any of my maps, i wont bother protecting it, ill just release the official versions on a website...
If you need to hack to win, you dont deserve to breath the same oxygen as i do... if you have a hard time, pick a different class/character, or just practice more.

Aark

Status
Not open for further replies.