• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

So how will imports work for starcraft2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
From the looks of it, starcraft2 models are alot more complex than warcraft3 models. Higher polys, probably more complex animations, ect.
Will starcraft2 allow larger map sizes? Or will sc2 simply feature a more compact filetype for models?

Level 6
Blizzard has spies everywhere. Go ahead and tell a friend you know they're a spy for blizzard. They won't admit. They'll try to make you think they aren't.
One of their spies will eventually slip up.

Level 7
And does anyone know the file extention? Like units.s2u, maps: .s2m, when expansion is out: map.s2x etc. Blizzard has spies... I am one of them.

Level 13
If you a StarCraft 2 spy then im the friggin Pope.

Seriously though, i think we wont have any problems with models, Blizzard said they were going to send out Art tools for SC2 just like for Wc3 so file converting wont be an issue.

SC2 will likely make up its own format for models, to discourage model rips im guessing.

As far as we know it, the import manager will be similar to that in Wc3 and im assuming Bnet will allow bigger sized maps due to Blizzards own model sizes.

Level 7
Heh to tell you, I'm already used to MAKING models from games not ripping them, just like IllidianEvilX does with C&C and many others, you see recreating from games. For SCII, since this is the game with all the cool units, I would disapporove if they are ripped like who would bring SC2 units to war3? Better buy SCII. And the game is too good such thing to be allowed to happen. I am even against model modifications. Why? I always liked models made from scratch, not using a war3 model making few modifications and thats all, this is just lazy work. But if they allow models created by milkshape or 3ds max to be converted to sc2 models.. imagine all models like tanks, C&C, rockets, Starwars will fit and modelers won't have to create them again. This is the good that they all come from modelling programs that can be used in every game if the conversions are there.

Level 24
@Impac7: nobody believes you, either that or you are going to be fired within the week. Significant American-based companies don't apporove of poor spelling, grammar, and usage in relation to the English language.

Anyways, SC2 is supposed to be able to have 100s of units on the screen with no lag, there's got to be some trick to make the models small.

Level 24
Heh to tell you, I'm already used to MAKING models from games not ripping them, just like IllidianEvilX does with C&C and many others, you see recreating from games. For SCII, since this is the game with all the cool units, I would [HIGHLIGHT]disapporove[/code] if they are ripped like who would bring SC2 units to war3? Better buy SCII. And the game is too good such thing to be allowed to happen. I am even against model modifications. Why? I always liked models made from scratch, not using a war3 model making few modifications and thats all, this is just lazy work. But if they allow models created by milkshape or 3ds max to be converted to sc2 models.. imagine all models like tanks, C&C, rockets, Starwars will fit and modelers won't have to create them again. This is the good that they all come from modelling programs that can be used in every game if the conversions are there.

Okay, so he stuck a prefix on it. It still counts as using "apporove".

Level 7
Because.. We're discussing.. Uh.. How and what imports would be like for Starcraft II... Which happens to be a game that hasn't even been released yet..

"But mister JKO, how will these imports work for the SC II!!"

Well, young Windex sir, the answer is quite simple; We won't know how the imports will work until we actually.. Get the game... ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.