• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snowblind

Reactions: deepstrasz
And obviously i did Icecrown aswell. The overallsize is down from 180x180 to 144x153.

There are alot of creepcamp changes and adjustments. I did the startingcorners by hand, the rest is copy/pasted together from the original.

The 3 and 9 oclock positions are also heavly changed. I also removed the Portals.

I hope you like it and have fun playing :)

Update:

-small things around the map
Previews
Contents

Snowblind v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hey, nice idea to reinvent some of the more iconic blizzard maps. Overall I think it worked very well. You have omitted some of the standout features with the double gold mine expansions and the portal, but in terms of balance that is certainly a good...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hey, nice idea to reinvent some of the more iconic blizzard maps.
Overall I think it worked very well. You have omitted some of the standout features with the double gold mine expansions and the portal, but in terms of balance that is certainly a good call. I wouldnt mind seeing it on w3c instead of some other "why dont we all fastexpo on t1"-map, say, Northshire, Full Scale Assault or Sanctuary.

What I think isnt ideal yet, but also very understandable with the concept of keeping the features of the original:
1. The creeps at the gold mines in between the players attack if you place buildings just a few tiles away from your main at some starting positions.
2. A lvl 3 item (even without additional powerup) is quite strong for lvl 12 spots. Especially for the corner positions, which are completely safe to take and come with the reward of gold mine access.
3. Yes I know the original has red camps completely without aa (at the mercs). Still I would like to see more than just two lvl 1 skeleton archers there.
4. And like in the original, many of the central creepspots at the mains or fountains can and will aggro by accident.
5. For FFA, I dont see any reason not to have creeps at starting positions. Also have you tried if it is possible to set enemy priorities in such a way that for 4-player-FFA each player spawn in a different corner?

None of this i without precedents for 4v4 maps though. Map approved.