• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Small Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
A small forest terrain I quickly made. No imports used.

Attachments

• terrain.jpg
    terrain.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 173
  • terrain2.jpg
    terrain2.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 165
Level 4
Well maybe adding lots of grass (you almost don't have any and that's oasis) , removing some flowers and adding more plant variations also you can add little fog effect under the waterfall to look more realistic :)
Also in the second pic the rocks in the down side of the picture are looking little weird (floating)

Level 4
Also in the second pic the water is like coming from nowhere if you look into the archways you can see there isn't any water there

Level 10
Oasis Updated

I listened to you guys and made a few changes.

1. I made the arches look a bit more natural.
2. I added more plant variation (shrubs/lillies/cattai)
3. Fixed some floating rocks.
4. Added fog below waterfall.

Here is the updated screenshots.

Attachments

• terrain3.jpg
    terrain3.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 74
  • terrain4.jpg
    terrain4.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 50
Level 4
Ok you have still 3-4 rocks to fix, remove some flowers, you didn't add the fog below the waterfall (Eerie Fog from the UTM), there are mushrooms underwater (next to the tree) and those lily pads looks unnatural.
And if I'm not mistaking use more grass and less mushrooms.

Level 23
So I'll just give some advice to the archway, because I'm working on an archway atm, too!
What you did on the left side of the pictures looks really promising, but unfortunatelly you didn't do the same or nearly the same on the otherside of the archway, which looks a little meh!
It's overall a good improvement, so keep working. if you're interested in seeing my archway, feel free to PM me :p

Level 2
There is too much flowers , u should do more variation about and add some fog to it look more smother , and just saying , i think the trees not fit with the theme.
But nice idea , and liked the waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.