• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slashbang's Flood Invasion

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yaes, I do

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, Your a tool be original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slashbang your awsum dude...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi Your Friendly Neighbourhood Slashbang Here!

PS. for those who don't wanna read this got to the bottom.

BACKGROUND

Based inbetween Halo2 and Halo3

Most of you will know what the flood are I suppose? For those that don't they are an agressive parasite, hell bent on killing all sentient life, or, more accurately, infecting it.
You are a team of high ranking U.N.S.C. (no not SPARTANS just elite people) who are sent to one of the still existing halos. You are one of these foolish people, that, unwittingly, once again release the parasite.

GAME
The gameplay, is somewhat similar to a Zombie Survival map, and a little bit like Eras Zombie Invasion, in the way that you can build troops, defensive and offensive buildings (eg. walls, towers, special buildings ect., as well as non combat buildings (eg. Town Centers\Comand Posts, upgrade buildings) as well. You must survive for as long as possible, with attacking Flood predominately, and Covenant patrols inbetween. Occasionally there will be lost U.N.S.C. patrols, which you (might be able to, I havent decided) can save, or if you find them useless, destroy them so they don't bother you as powerful flood.

HERO CHOICES

Yes, as in most Zombie based maps, you have a choice of heroes to pick ill explain those here!:

A.R.C. Trooper
This is the 'sniper' type of the four. Long ranged with abilities that make him effective on his own, but not as durable as say, the engineer class. Capable of laying mines, deploying weaker drones that help him explore areas and enable high precision aiming to increasing critical hit chances.

Enginseer
A...'heavy support' class. Has quite alot of health and armed with a shotgun. Abilities include swapping his shotgun with an RPG, deploying turrets and as an ultimate, constructing a super tank, capable of transforming into a large turret.

Lorzadian Exile
Medium Melee hero, not as terribly destructive as other heroes, but just as powerful, quite a bit of health, and crowd controlling abilties, such as a slowing grav field, a weapon charging abilty that increases damage in exchange for mana usage and a short range teleport that hurts enemies inbetween you and your target area.

Celestian Prioritas
Short range agile jet pack troop, a little fragile however, but her speed more than makes up for it. Equiped with a jump pack, allowing her to leap over obstacles, has krak grenades, that do concentrated damage to one unit, and able to mirror herself with multiple copies.

WHATS IN THE MAP DUDE?
Indeed. The contains for equal places, One Ice, One Rainforest, One Desert and One Temperate sort of place. Ice is hilly, with small forts with trigger doors, and a large hill with pre built towers ready to capture. Rainforest is heavily wooded, making sight range pretty small, with limited building areas, except for the tree top areas. In one of which has a "Cleanser" Infection Bomber, doing large DOT in a big radius (note all offensive advantages have a long reload time). Then is the Temperate Area, with lightly forested places with a small lake and at one end a large fortress, with many triggerable gates and ramparts for tower building. Lastly the Desert, largely empty with small raised area for a little extra defense. Has the last offensive advantage, the "Pheonix" Sun Ray, raining heavy lasers in a medium radius.

Well I hope you like the new way I've presented my map's page, and I hope it convinces you to perhaps believe this map is good enough to help me with! Screenshots and more information will be added soon, so keep and eye out for it!

Those of you that have managed to read this slab of writing (or those of you that haven't I'm not fussy lol) I ask of you to help me in making this or even if you have ideas or you want to discuss it or have questions even I would be happy for any of them. So heres the list:

*AI help: I need to know to make the AI for the flood and/or have it made for me.

*Perhaps Some Model Help: Get back to me on that.

*Sound Help: Can someone please show me how to add custom sounds to attacks, this is crucial.

*I just know there will be trigger problems so keep your eyes peeled.

For all those that help, it will be appreciated more than you know and will recieve major kudos in the map, big contributors might even get units named after them.

Sincerely, Slashbang :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 10
Sounds like an interresting map. I havn't seen many flood based maps go around. I'm guessing the time is somewhere after the events of Halo 2 and before Halo 3 (if High Charity is still alive), but correct me if I'm wrong. I would think the Scout would have to be cut down... a lot, because unless you are going to make the M.A.C. Cannon ability very weak (and unrealistic), he will be the number one choice and the deadliest unit. I'm interrested in this map.

Level 3
I'm a PS person, so I haven't played Halo much and sure don't know what Flood is.
.. This does sound like another zombie survival kind of map however; I can't say your idea is original, good or bad - I do like zombie maps.
In the sound editor in WE you can replace attack type sounds for example, but I doubt you'll have any custom models made for you without reputation points ~~ but there are alot of customs floating around and you can probably use some existant zombie/monster models for your Flood.

Level 4
Ok Ill answer some questions for a start.

I would think the Scout would have to be cut down... a lot, because unless you are going to make the M.A.C. Cannon ability very weak (and unrealistic), he will be the number one choice and the deadliest unit.

All heroes will be quite strong with devastating ultimate attacks, as the enemy will be incredibly difficult to deal with as well, as it is, one hero can only go so far.

The question about originality, I know its not original, but I made it cos I love zombie survival maps so much, so I crossed it with Zombie Invasion, because I loved some aspects from that as well. So I know it ain't Original.

And lastly thanks for your offer trigger of help, Ill get back to you on the trigger needs, i cant check right now.

Landmine, if you wanna discuss anything, feel free.

That is all.

Level 4
OH and before I forget, can someone tell me plz how to change the attack systems ie. Instead of like the "melee" and "piercing" attack types I'd change it to other things. Same with with armour. Plz tell me how to do this, its quite important.

Level 3
You will find the attack type data in the Gameplay Constants, under advanced (I think) in WE. It's all easy to modify :)

Level 4
Ok ok, Can anyone please PLEASE tell me exactly, with instructions plz lol, how to change the attack and armour system. I have tried a few times, but I cant make sense of the armour resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.