• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skysphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Basically, the cloudsphere/skysphere is a bigass sphere with clouds that you'll find in the
UTM. It's mostly used for scenic terrain, as you don't often see the sky ingame, but you
could use it, I guess, as it wouldn't be in the way for an ingame camera, but would only
become visible during cinematic. It's really not a very complicated thing to use:

Simply place it on the map and scale it so that it's larger than the edges of the map.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
As Keiji said, it's more for scenic terrains not playable.

Some people like Gekigenkar have actually managed to attach a skypshere to the skybox to make it visible during gameplay.
No sure exactly how though.

I also heard it is possible. :p However after I took a deep-look into the tutorial I ended up not using it (I would have to place so much more stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.