• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New to skinning Tips plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
All i have is paint currnelty waiting to go to wal-mart to get photoshop so if
anybody got any tips on how to work with it tell me or if you have any
skinning tips tell me right away i wanna get a good start.
Also i read the tutorials just seeing if anybody got any tips on it or
anything i should know.

Last edited:
Level 12
Look around, there are many tutorials here and at other sites. Btw you do know that photoshop is extremely expensive, right? I suggest downloading the Gimp or getting a crack to photoshop.

General tips are to not use smudge, only use hard brushes with opacity about 20% to keep your skin nice and sharp, don't use dodge or burn, and don't use the blend tool.

Level 7
ok thnx and
1. cracking is illegal and i don't know how
2. i said i saw the tutorials
3. no im not trying to be a dumbas*
4. ty
Also how much could it be i got money.... oh yah and i know your a moderator
so if im being an as* excuse me plz.Were you being sarcastic about not using
thsoe tools because the tutorials seem to use them a lot

it is very good, but it takes a bit of time to learn to use it.

@Ezikielth: It is never going to be better then photoshop in technical ways, but:

Photoshop:

1000+plugins...
MUCH $
Hard to download on 56k
VERYVERY hard to learn
Sometimes needs good GPU
Hard, but realable

Gimp:

Easy to download
Fast and realable
Has much of option ripped off CS2
Fact that it is FREE

Level 7
ok im using it and im gonig to do a tutorial with it to see if i can get the hang
of it ty and tell me if you have any other suggestions.

happy, get gimp and just start skrewing around. Start off with a few re-colors (dont submit) post them and ask others how to improve. Remember everyone is willing to help fellow skinners and if they say they dont want to help u they are an @$$. If you have any questions, just ask me... im ALWAYS on

And im not one to brag about my skinning look at mine :/

Oh and check the tutorials, They can help u with lots of things, Form Chianmail to Scales i did the scales one lol

Last edited:
Level 36
Dude please before making retarded posts like this check out the tutorials. We have a search button for a reason, so try and use it next time. Welcome to the community, btw :) But try and make specific requests next time and leave the noob questions for the search button. You can learn a lot from other people's posts, especially the tutorials.

Level 7
.... god read what i said(once again not trying to be a dumbas*)
i said i looked at tutorials and i might be getting photoshop i asked
for any suggestions or tips people have on skinning

Level 7
once again im going to say if costs like 50 dollars (from what i heard) if more
then maybe i might not buy photo shop will be usefule and what you mean by
if i can't find any, any photoshop?Also what will Mr. Googl do?

Level 7
uh you mena buying photoshop off the internet i don't buy anything off of the internet and if its free then its most likely illegal(not saying everything online is illegal just maybe photoshop).Edit:i made anotehr thread which now i want to delete but im going to post my skin here too i used Gimp 2.0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.