• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Skyfury Helm Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Guide to Getting your Skyfury Helm!
Level 60
Obtained at level 58
Shaman
Horde

Use the Divination Scryer in the heart of the Great Ossuary's basement in the Scholomance. Doing so will bring forth spirits you must fight. Defeating these spirits will summon forth Death Knight Darkreaver, defeat him.

Bring Darkreaver's Head to Sagorne Creststrider in the Valley of Wisdom in Orgrimmar.

First of all, you need to right group. It is advised that you take a warrior with you to tank, but I have heard of druids tanking as well. This is the group I had when I did it:
Warrior – 60
Shaman – 60
Mage – 60
Priest – 60
Priest – 60
Room Outlook:

Map is attached to this thread

1,2,3 Spawn points
X: Place scryer/make your resting spot.

1. Clear the room
2. Get to one of the positions, the one to the right of the entrance is probably your best choice.
3. Get the shaman to place the divination scryer on the opposite corner.

So basically you are fighting waves of ghosts. If you are doing it with a group like mine then let the warrior tank as usual, have both priests shackle if need be and just take down each ghost one by one. No need to AE. Make sure the shaman keeps his earthbind totem out, the reason for this is there is a certain ghost that creates illusions of itself and earthbind gets rid of those illusions.

Eat/drink in between waves.

The last wave of green ghosts puts a curse on you that lasts 10 minutes and causes you to take more damage when hit. Kill them.

When that group is dead 9 elite ghosts will spawn at the spawn points 1, 2 and 3. Luckily they will not attack you unless you agro them. His should leave enough time to wait the curse out if you do not have a mage with you.

Now, once you’re rested up, get the priest to shield the warrior. Just a note before I go on: these ghosts have a big agro radius, so be careful. Once the warrior is shielded get him to hug the wall and assuming your group is in the bottom right corner, try and BODY PULL group 1. If you group is in the top left corner, do the same only with group 3). If the warrior has successfully aggroed group 1/3 then proceed with hugging the wall over to him. Make sure you shackle the ghosts because they do hit hard.

Note: If the warriors pull fails as in aggroing group 2 as well, LET HIM DIE, do not run in and try and save the day. Simply resurrect him and try again, its much better than a group wipe.

Hug the wall back to position “x” and rest up.

Get the warrior to go back to the place you fought group 1/3 and to body pull group 2. If successful proceed into running over and helping. Same as before.

Rest up

Now just take down the last group.

When you finish them off an aspect will spawn. Shackle him and rest up. Once rested proceed to kill him. Once dead, more ghosts will spawn.

The trick here is to always kill the ghosts quickly as possible, try and keep it down to two ghosts being fought at a time. Focus on one and shackle the other.

After a little while another aspect will spawn. Shackle him and rest because once you kill him you will v the boss.

Once fully rested, as stated above, kill him, then the boss will spawn and agro immediately. Keep the grinding totem down because his main damage is his shadow bolts. Make sure the shaman is also ready to purge because he likes to mind control.

And that’s how its done!
Once he is dead, you can claim your skyfury helm!

Attachments

• Map.doc
    25 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.