• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sky terrain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone give a good idea on how to make a good sky terrain? I mean you make it look like that you're walking up above the skies... this is the best I made so far, it uses the northrend snow tile + dungeon fog(heavy) + global fog....

Attachments

• Sky1.jpg
    Sky1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Sky2.jpg
    Sky2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 236
Level 12
Well, first of all you could try to add some clear sky color to your work, and not just clouds.
After that you might want some view of what's below the skies you're flying in... For example skyscrapers, war machines or vallies or whatever.

Well, first of all you could try to add some clear sky color to your work, and not just clouds.
After that you might want some view of what's below the skies you're flying in... For example skyscrapers, war machines or vallies or whatever.

sky colors.. okay... about something below, there shouldn't really something in below the sky(at least in the map I'm trying to do)...

Level 11
I may be thinking way out of wc3 norms but I imagine it could be cool to have a tile that looks like the earth below or something, or in worst case a blue sky. And upon that you use fog or a new (huge, or plenty) animated model that looks like clouds blowing randomly in some direction. Another way could be to make cloud models and put them on different height levels to make it more dynamic and realistic.

Yours,
Chizume

now I'm thinking that raising the terrain height to make a land above is not a good idea because you can trace it downward so I would be using walkable doodads to make floating areas...

anyway I was just thinking if there is some other or better way to make the "ground" look like the sky or clouds to make it feel like you're walking in the sky. (if you played MU online, something like the place called Icarus)..

Level 12
Well yeah, I know Icarus, if you're trying to make it you should make all the units fly high, and you could make walking clouds that are lower than that. That way it'll look like it's windy below and it could be very helpful.

Well yeah, I know Icarus, if you're trying to make it you should make all the units fly high, and you could make walking clouds that are lower than that. That way it'll look like it's windy below and it could be very helpful.

yeah, I'll put a trigger which makes unit's fly when they aren't on something that isnt cloud but when they enter a "ground" area their height get's reset to 0.. I'll try adding the wind weather thru triggers so I can have multiple weathers because I already use dungeon fog heavy..

Level 12
Use the "Storm Crow" ability, just add and remove it. The first time you do it will give flight to the unit, the second time you do it makes the unit land. There's a tutorial for that somewhere, better view it.

Use the "Storm Crow" ability, just add and remove it. The first time you do it will give flight to the unit, the second time you do it makes the unit land. There's a tutorial for that somewhere, better view it.

yeah, I already made it... its working already... anyway thanks for bothering to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.